Canon Announces New EOS 77D and EOS Rebel T7i DSLR Cameras (Hands-On Photos)
Canon announced two new DSLRs for enthusiast and entry-level photographers this morning: the EOS 77D and EOS Rebel T7i cameras. The Canon EOS 77D slots just below the 80D and just above the Rebel T6s in the company’s DSLR lineup. The Canon Rebel T7i, on the other hand, is the direct successor to the T6i, the company’s entry-level DSLR.
Shutterbug had some hands-on time with the two new Canon DSLRs ahead of this morning’s launch and have included those images in this story. While the design of the two cameras is slightly different and the 77D is aimed at slightly more advanced users, the two models are actually strikingly similar (though the Canon 77D is more expensive, of course). For instance, both cameras use the same 24.2 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor and have the same autofocus system.
Both the Canon EOS 77D and Rebel T7i feature an optical viewfinder with a 45-point All Cross-type autofocus (AF) system. In live view mode, both DSLRs use Canon’s Dual Pixel CMOS AF to deliver what is reportedly the world’s fastest AF focusing speed of 0.03 seconds. Both models also have built-in Wi-Fi, NFC and Bluetooth technology for built in to help wirelessly transfer images.
Here’s a rundown of the common features of the EOS Rebel T7i and EOS 77D cameras:
• Optical Viewfinder with a 45-point All Cross-type AF System
•Dual Pixel CMOS AF with Phase-detection
• 24.2 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor
• DIGIC 7 Image Processor, ISO 100–25600
• Built-in Wi-Fi, NFC and Bluetooth technology
• Vari-angle Touch Screen, 3.0-inch LCD
• Movie Electronic IS
• HDR Movie & Time-Lapse Movie
• High-speed Continuous Shooting at up to 6.0 frames per second (fps)
The Canon EOS 77D is slated to go on sale in April 2017 for $899.99 body only, and for $1,049.00 with the brand new EF-S 18-55mm f/4-5.6 IS STM lens, and $1,499.00 with the EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM lens respectively. More info here: usa.canon.com/eos77d.
The Canon EOS Rebel T7i will also go on sale in April 2017 for $749.99 body only, and $899.99 with the new EF-S 18-55mm f/4-5.6 IS STM lens, and $1,299.00 with the EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM lens respectively. For more here: usa.canon.com/eosrebelt7i.
- Take a Minute to Watch These 5 Fun Camera Hacks Using Stuff You Already Have at Home (VIDEO)
- Underexposed Portraits? They’re Easy to Fix with This 5-Minute Lightroom Tutorial (VIDEO)
- Watch Canon Cameras Evolve in This Short Video History Celebrating 30 Years of the EOS System
- Here’s How to Photograph the First Coast-to-Coast Total Eclipse of the Sun Since 1918
- Our 10 Favorite Film Cameras of All Time