No one takes you seriously when you’re wearing a yellow camera around your neck. And that was exactly what I wanted. I always get good images in Manhattan, especially in the Soho-Chinatown-Little Italy area. If you have never been, you can’t imagine what you’re missing. But if you wearing a lustrous Nikon or Canon with a monster lens, be prepared to be looked upon with caution and a liberal dose of distrust. At least, that’s been my experience.
Possibly I could create the same disarming appearance if I had the courage to wear a Statue of Liberty tee shirt, or anything emblazoned with “I Heart NY.” Carrying a blonde camera is more my style, partly because it can disappear into my omnipresent Domke bag when I want to look, well, “regular.” Besides, there’s another benefit associated with using this Pentax K-01. It takes damn good pictures.
Can’t wait to get my paws on the new Pentax K-50. Let’s see, which of the 120 available colors do I want?
- Seagate Unveils the World’s Highest Capacity Hard Drive with Room for All Your Images, Videos & More
- Check Out This Simple, Pixel-Perfect Trick for Aligning Multiple Images in Photoshop (VIDEO)
- Bay Photo Lab’s Xpozer Photo Wall Display Review
- Is Olympus Planning a Whopping 300-500mm F/2.8-4 Lens for Micro Four Thirds Cameras?
- Ask A Pro: Scott Kelby Answers Your Photography Questions