No one takes you seriously when you’re wearing a yellow camera around your neck. And that was exactly what I wanted. I always get good images in Manhattan, especially in the Soho-Chinatown-Little Italy area. If you have never been, you can’t imagine what you’re missing. But if you wearing a lustrous Nikon or Canon with a monster lens, be prepared to be looked upon with caution and a liberal dose of distrust. At least, that’s been my experience.
Possibly I could create the same disarming appearance if I had the courage to wear a Statue of Liberty tee shirt, or anything emblazoned with “I Heart NY.” Carrying a blonde camera is more my style, partly because it can disappear into my omnipresent Domke bag when I want to look, well, “regular.” Besides, there’s another benefit associated with using this Pentax K-01. It takes damn good pictures.
Can’t wait to get my paws on the new Pentax K-50. Let’s see, which of the 120 available colors do I want?
- Venus Optics Just Introduced the Weirdest Lens You’ve Ever Seen: The Laowa 24mm f/14 Macro
- GoPro Launches Their First Drone and Two New Hero5 Action Cameras with Raw Capture Mode
- Hands-On Impressions of the New Fujifilm GFX Medium Format Mirrorless Camera
- Leica and Lensbaby Intro New Lenses at Photokina: Leica 50mm f/1.4 Summilux SL & Lensbaby Twist60
- Light Touch: Joe McNally On How to Use Multiple Speedlights to Capture Eye-Popping Portraits