Women In Photography
Claire Yaffa Portrays Hard Hitting Issues
When Claire Yaffa showed
her photographs to Cornell Capa, he said, "You take pretty pictures,
Yaffa, but what do you really want to say?" Yaffa thought long
and hard about the question. She had always been interested in the problem
of child abuse, so in 1979 she contacted Dr. Vincent Fontana, Medical
Director of the New York Foundling Hospital. At the hospital she began
to photograph young mothers and their children and watched as many of
them changed from abusive to loving parents.
- Check Out These Spectacular Images Captured by a Pilot From the Cockpit of a Boeing 747 Cargo Plane
- Is Instant Film Photography Making a Comeback? How Fujifilm Has Sparked an Instant Revival
- Get Ready for Fall, Photographers. Here Are 5 Photo Tips for Autumn.
- Watch This Stunning 4K Timelapse That Shows Off the Beautiful Snohetta Viewpoint in Norway
- Watch Us Test the Canon EOS-1D X Mark II DSLR in Bali, Indonesia in This Video Review