Wimberley AP-554 Plate
The AP-554 is an alternative to Wimberley’s AP-553 plate. It has the advantage of greater clearance between the body of the lens and the foot, making it easier to use the foot as a handle for the lens. In addition, it is longer, allowing for proper balance when using light-weight camera bodies. It will allow balancing with all pro and pro-sumer Nikon camera bodies, even when using teleconverters. It is the only replacement foot on the market for these lenses that allows this comprehensiveness in balancing. Wimberley, Inc. used finite element analysis to design the foot with the proper balance of weight savings and stiffness.
- Medium Tools: Our Favorite Medium Format Cameras, Lenses & Accessories
- How I Opened My Own Photo Gallery (And Lived to Tell the Tale!)
- Photographer Uses GoPro to Demonstrate the Collodion Process Invented in 1851 (VIDEO)
- Apple May Disable Your iPhone Camera at Concerts and Venues Where Photography Is “Inappropriate”
- Apple May Disable Your iPhone Camera at Concerts and Venues Where Photography is “Inappropriate”