Wimberley AP-554 Plate
The AP-554 is an alternative to Wimberley’s AP-553 plate. It has the advantage of greater clearance between the body of the lens and the foot, making it easier to use the foot as a handle for the lens. In addition, it is longer, allowing for proper balance when using light-weight camera bodies. It will allow balancing with all pro and pro-sumer Nikon camera bodies, even when using teleconverters. It is the only replacement foot on the market for these lenses that allows this comprehensiveness in balancing. Wimberley, Inc. used finite element analysis to design the foot with the proper balance of weight savings and stiffness.
- Check Out These Spectacular Images Captured by a Pilot From the Cockpit of a Boeing 747 Cargo Plane
- Is Instant Film Photography Making a Comeback? How Fujifilm Has Sparked an Instant Revival
- Take a Gander at the Massive Tamron 150-600mm Superzoom Lens that Debuted at Photokina
- Venus Optics Just Introduced the Weirdest Lens You’ve Ever Seen: The Laowa 24mm f/14 Macro
- Light Touch: Joe McNally On How to Use Multiple Speedlights to Capture Eye-Popping Portraits