Wimberley AP-554 Plate
The AP-554 is an alternative to Wimberley’s AP-553 plate. It has the advantage of greater clearance between the body of the lens and the foot, making it easier to use the foot as a handle for the lens. In addition, it is longer, allowing for proper balance when using light-weight camera bodies. It will allow balancing with all pro and pro-sumer Nikon camera bodies, even when using teleconverters. It is the only replacement foot on the market for these lenses that allows this comprehensiveness in balancing. Wimberley, Inc. used finite element analysis to design the foot with the proper balance of weight savings and stiffness.
- Can’t Afford a Medium Format Film Scanner? Here’s How to Build One with a Shoe Box (VIDEO)
- Ansel Adams' Daughter-in-Law Reveals Intimate Behind-the-Scenes Stories On the Master (VIDEO)
- Meet the Russian Daredevil Who Takes Modeling to New Heights with These Terrifying Selfies (VIDEO)
- Our Pick: The 10 Best Lenses for Mirrorless Cameras
- Create Dynamic “Rain” Portraits on the Cheap with a Manual-Focus Lens and a Garden Hose (VIDEO)