WD My Book Studio LX
Key features include a FireWire 800 interface to give users the speed they need for demanding tasks like photo and video editing and graphic design, as well as a customizable e-label that enables users to easily personalize their media collection and identify critical information about the drive, such as the contents and remaining capacity, without having to boot up their computer and plug in the drive. The My Book Studio LX drives also support USB 2.0, so users have maximum flexibility in allocating their FireWire and USB ports or plugging the drive into a variety of computers.
My Book Studio LX drives offer automatic, continuous backup through WD SmartWare software and also sync seamlessly with Apple Time Machine software, so consumers can choose the backup method that suits their needs. And the 256-bit hardware-based encryption, typically only found on much more expensive drive systems, provides a high level of data security along with password protection that acts as a virtual padlock to keep users' data safe. Available now at select retailers and the WD online store (shopwd.com), the new My Book Studio LX drives are formatted for Mac and come in capacities of 1 TB and 2 TB.
The new My Book Studio LX drives come equipped with WD SmartWare software, an optional application that provides automatic and continuous backup, control of the e-label display, password and other settings. The real-time visual interface of WD SmartWare software gives users a reassuring view of their backup as it happens. After the first backup, users' files are backed up automatically every time they change or add a file.
My Book Studio LX External Drive
The new My Book Studio LX drive features:
- New, contemporary aluminum casing that remains cool to the touch and matches the aesthetics of Mac computers
- High-performance FireWire 800 interface to access data at top speeds and USB 2.0 interface for maximum flexibility
- Smart display with a customizable e-label that reminds users of what is stored on the drive, available capacity and security status at-a-glance, even when the drive is unplugged
- Plug-and-play ready for Mac users and compatible with Apple Time Machine
- WD SmartWare visual backup software, 256-bit hardware-based encryption and password protection to give users peace of mind knowing that data is protected from unauthorized access
- WD GreenPower Technology™, lowers internal drive power consumption by up to 30 percent. WD GreenPower Technology also includes a sleep mode that reduces power during idle times, and a power-saving feature turns the drive on and off with your computer
- Planet-friendly packaging derived from recycled materials to minimize waste
- HFS + Journaled formatting and are compatible with Mac OS X Tiger®, Leopard® and Snow Leopard®.
The new My Book Studio LX drives are offered in capacities of 1 TB and 2 TB and have a 3-year limited warranty. My Book Studio LX drives are available now at select retailers and online at shopwd.com. MSRP ranges from $199.99 to $269.99 depending on the model.
- Photographer Travels the World to Capture These Astonishing Macro Cityscapes in Drops of Water
- 13 Questions to Test Your Knowledge of Camera Lenses
- Hands-On Impressions of the New Fujifilm GFX Medium Format Mirrorless Camera
- Feast Your Eyes on These Stunning Images of Earth Just Captured by the International Space Station
- Hands-On with the Sigma 500mm Lens & Hasselblad's V1D Medium Format Camera (PHOTOS)