Wacom’s Graphire4 Tablet; Pen & Tablet Control For All Page 2
The increased control over selections and editing tasks in Photoshop are amazing. As an example, using the Quick Mask mode in Photoshop, you can easily and quickly define a mask that would be extremely time consuming with a mouse, using pressure to control the width of the selection. The included nik filters are pen aware, making it easy to apply the filters to the exact area of your image that you want.
You'll want to spend some time getting used to using the pen and trying
out different brushes to get an idea of how much control you have. If you find
the settings too sensitive or not responsive enough, the Control Panel application
allows you to
fine-tune the tablet globally or for individual applications.
Corel's Painter and Painter Essentials programs were made with a tablet in mind, with full support for pressure to control width and color intensity. Tilting the pen at an angle changes the way paint is placed on the canvas just like a real brush or air brush would do, making painting a fun process.
I've been a fan of Wacom tablets for years now, regularly using the Intuos3. The new Graphire4 has added a number of features that make it an appealing choice for many users, especially those who won't be spending several hours every day using the tablet. The 4x5 version, while smaller than I would use for desktop work, has earned a permanent place in my laptop bag when I travel.
· Windows 98 SE or later
· Macintosh OS X 10.2.8 or later
· Available USB port
For more information, contact Wacom Technology Corporation, 1311 SE Cardinal Ct., Vancouver, WA 98683; (800)922-9348; www.wacom.com.
- Fog-Chasing Photographer Spent 18 Months Making This Enchanting 4K Time Lapse of Mt. Tamalpais
- Meet Luminar: A New, Full-Featured Image-Editing Program for Mac Users for Only $59
- “A Sharper Scaling” is a Free Photoshop Alternative for Upscaling Photos & Enhancing Quality
- Hands-On with Nikon’s Two New Premium Nikkor Lenses at PhotoPlus Expo (VIDEO)
- The Bag Man’s 7 Favorite Photo Bags