Vote for Sigma Corporation Scholarship Finalists Before April 1
A total of 167 high school seniors from all over the nation are in the running for $5,000 in cash and $1,000 in Sigma products of their choosing. The company will close online, public voting on April 1 and, once executives have selected their favorite contestant from the top five finalists, they will announce the winner on April 18. To view the submissions and cast your vote, visit the Sigma scholarship submissions page.
Mark Amir-Hamzeh, president of Sigma Corporation of America, said he was impressed by the talent and enthusiasm of this year’s entrants.
“It’s exciting to see the students’ participation in this contest grow from year to year,” said Amir-Hamzeh. “The number of entries grew by 30 percent, and the content and quality of the students’ submissions continues to amaze us. Some of the contestants have nearly 2,000 votes right now. It’s going to be a tough decision this year, but we are extremely honored to help one high school senior start his or her career. Please place your vote and help us narrow the list of incredibly talented applicants!”
Submissions for the contest started on Nov. 15, 2010, and applicants were required to submit three to five thematically-tied photographs along with a brief essay describing their creative process in capturing and selecting the images. The annual scholarship contest is open to students pursuing a higher education in industries such as photography, photojournalism, graphic arts and design, visual arts and art history.
- Photographer Solves Mystery After Developing Forgotten Film In Vintage Camera Bought on eBay
- Take a Video Tour of One of the World's Most Amazing Camera Shops: Grays of Westminster
- Jordan Matter Captures Dancers Like You’ve Never Seen Them Before: Naked on the Street After Dark
- Australian Photographer Captures the Maelstrom of Gigantic Waves, and All You Can Say is WOW!
- These Are the First Known Photos of Snowflakes Ever Made: Shot by a Vermont Farmer in 1885