Vimeo Expands Capabilities
“We are committed to providing our users with high quality viewing options,” said Andrew Pile, Vimeo Vice President of Product and Development. “Many of our members asked for HTML5 support and we listened. We look forward to seeing the results of this beta test.”
The additional player is compatible with the latest versions of Chrome and Safari web browsers and will work with 90% of videos uploaded to Vimeo in the past year. Users can enable the HTML5 player via link below Vimeo’s standard Flash player. Benefits of the HTML 5player include faster loading times and smoother video playback in supported browsers.
For more information, please visit their blog post at: http://vimeo.com/blog:268.
- Medium Tools: Our Favorite Medium Format Cameras, Lenses & Accessories
- Apple May Disable Your iPhone Camera at Concerts and Venues Where Photography Is “Inappropriate”
- How I Opened My Own Photo Gallery (And Lived to Tell the Tale!)
- Photographer Uses GoPro to Demonstrate the Collodion Process Invented in 1851 (VIDEO)
- Nick Carver Shares His Secrets for Making and Framing Great Fine Art Prints (VIDEO)