Vimeo Expands Capabilities
“We are committed to providing our users with high quality viewing options,” said Andrew Pile, Vimeo Vice President of Product and Development. “Many of our members asked for HTML5 support and we listened. We look forward to seeing the results of this beta test.”
The additional player is compatible with the latest versions of Chrome and Safari web browsers and will work with 90% of videos uploaded to Vimeo in the past year. Users can enable the HTML5 player via link below Vimeo’s standard Flash player. Benefits of the HTML 5player include faster loading times and smoother video playback in supported browsers.
For more information, please visit their blog post at: http://vimeo.com/blog:268.
- Our Pick: The 10 Best Lenses for Mirrorless Cameras
- Canon Unveils 30.4MP 5D Mark IV DSLR & Two Lenses; We Take It For a Test Drive (VIDEO)
- Create Dynamic “Rain” Portraits on the Cheap with a Manual-Focus Lens and a Garden Hose (VIDEO)
- 5 Quick Tips for Great Mobile Travel Photography
- Top Products of the Year: We Team Up with TIPA to Pick the Best Photo Gear of 2016