Vimeo Expands Capabilities
“We are committed to providing our users with high quality viewing options,” said Andrew Pile, Vimeo Vice President of Product and Development. “Many of our members asked for HTML5 support and we listened. We look forward to seeing the results of this beta test.”
The additional player is compatible with the latest versions of Chrome and Safari web browsers and will work with 90% of videos uploaded to Vimeo in the past year. Users can enable the HTML5 player via link below Vimeo’s standard Flash player. Benefits of the HTML 5player include faster loading times and smoother video playback in supported browsers.
For more information, please visit their blog post at: http://vimeo.com/blog:268.
- Brandon Stanton’s Humans of New York: The Power of Storytelling In Documentary Photography
- Make Your Landscape Photographs “Pop” with This Photoshop Tutorial from Jimmy McIntyre (VIDEO)
- Underwater Photographer Jean-Marie Ghislain Captures Diver Playing with Great White Sharks
- Nikon AF-S Nikkor 105mm f/1.4E ED Lens Review
- Check Out These Mind-Blowing Cityscapes of the Big Apple Like You’ve Never Seen it Before