Uncolor My World; Techniques To Get Beautiful Black And White Images From Color Originals Page 2
Another easy way to convert to black and white is to open your color file and select Image>Adjustments>Desaturate. Note that for this flower, Desaturate reveals more separation, detail, and contrast in the petals than the Image>Mode>Gray scale method did, although the Gray scale conversion shows more detail in the pistils. But beware, this example doesn't mean Desaturate is always better. Try several different methods on any given photo to find the one that works best for that particular image. In spite of the black and white tones, Desaturate maintains your photo in the RGB color mode, and maintains the original file size. In Elements, you can get this effect with Enhance>Adjust Color>
Adobe Systems Inc.
345 Park Ave., San Jose, CA 95110
- Bay Photo Lab’s Xpozer Photo Wall Display Review
- Ask A Pro: Scott Kelby Answers Your Photography Questions
- Is Olympus Planning a Whopping 300-500mm F/2.8-4 Lens for Micro Four Thirds Cameras?
- Seagate Unveils the World’s Highest Capacity Hard Drive with Room for All Your Images, Videos & More
- Final Shot: Our Favorite Reader Photo of the Month