Triggertrap Mobile 2.0
Combining the capabilities of several expensive camera accessories into a single pocket-sized package, the 14 triggering modes in Triggertrap Mobile make advanced photographic techniques available to everyone - even photographic newbies. Timelapse, HDR photography, sound triggering and other gasp-inducing techniques instantly become accessible to any photo enthusiast looking to break the point-and-shoot mold.
With this new version, Triggertrap Mobile gets a fresh, modern look that makes it easier for each photographer to realize their unique vision. The new interface has been dressed down and simplified, making it easier and faster to switch between triggering modes - this means no more missing awesome photographic opportunities because you’re futzing around with dials. It also squashed the bugs that somehow snuck into previous versions of the app while implementing more user requested features than you could shake a lens cap at. One of the most requested upgrades allows the Android app to run in the background, even when the phone is locked, drastically reducing battery consumption for hours and hours of Triggertrap timelapsing goodness.
“Whether a relationship of platonic fun or deeply-woven lust, every relationship benefits from clear communication; with Triggertrap Mobile 2.0 we’ve proven to be good listeners. We saw the opportunity to combine what we learned from the first generation app with the tips we received from our diehard fans to make Triggertrap what we always envisioned it could be,” said CEO and Triggertrap inventor Haje Jan Kamps. “It certainly helps that our fans wear the pants around here and aren’t shy about letting us know what could be improved, and as a result, Triggertrap Mobile 2.0 is the best triggering solution you’ll find anywhere.”
Building on its predecessor’s success, the latest version maintains the app’s popular wireless triggering functionality and integration with the recently launched Triggertrap Flash Adapter that makes fierce high-speed photography available to anyone who fancies having a go.
Triggertrap Mobile Functionality
Whether you’re aiming at the sky in hopes of capturing shooting stars, want to capture the exact moment a baseball comes crashing through a window pane, or would like to set up a fully automatic photo booth, Triggertrap has you covered.
Triggertrap Mobile is free to download and can be used on its own with the device’s internal camera, or you can use Triggertrap’s affordable hardware ($30) to hook the app up to a supported SLR camera or flashgun.
* A barrel of Timelapses: Use Triggertrap as a basic intervalometer for timelapse capture, or feed your creativity a juicy dose of growth hormone: Bulb Ramping Timelapse enables seamless sunrise/sunset timelapses, HDR timelapse lets you combine the power of HDR and timelapses, and the Triggertrap-exclusive TimeWarp feature uses acceleration algorithms developed for animation to create more dynamic and natural-looking timelapses.
* Shake it like a Polaroid Picture: Leverage the smartphone’s on-board sensors to release the shutter, using sound, GPS, vibration, and more. Best of all, there’s more sensor modes coming up soon.
* Long Exposure HDR: Triggertrap Mobile makes Long Exposure HDR photography easy: Choose intervals from 1/3 to 2 EV steps, and up to 19 bracketed exposures per HDR set. Why would you need 19 exposures? Absolutely no idea, but it’s there if you want it.
* DistanceLapse: Unique to Triggertrap and never before seen in a consumer device, this mode uses your smartphone’s GPS chip to fire the shutter over pre-determined distances. Brilliant for roadtrips!
* Star Trail mode: Take a series of long exposure shots to get low-noise star trail photos, or hedge your bets to ensure you capture rare natural phenomena like meteors or slightly less natural, and slightly less rare phenomena like fireworks!
* Wireless mode: Unique to Triggertrap, this Wi-Fi triggering technology allows photographers to leverage the range and speed of a Wi-Fi network to control more than 100 cameras at the same time. Matrix-style bullet-time, anyone?
- Capture the Beauty of Long Exposures with Your Camera’s Live View Mode and an ND Filter (VIDEO)
- Need a Portrait Model? Teach a Friend How to Pose Like a Pro with 3 Simple Tips (VIDEO)
- Take a Minute to Watch These 5 Fun Camera Hacks Using Stuff You Already Have at Home (VIDEO)
- How to Make Your Images Pop with Bokeh: Why Blurred Backgrounds Can Make or Break a Photo
- Nature Photographer Simon Baxter Says Composition, Patience & Perseverance Win the Day (VIDEO)