The ToughTech Duo has front-accessibility with removable trays to swap drives and a smart LCD menu to monitor drive health and to configure RAID mode. ToughTech Duo boasts a passive thermal design using all-aluminum material for optimal heat dissipation, which requires no fans thus making the unit ultra quiet. Connecting to any host computer via FireWire 800/400, USB 2.0 and eSATA provides flexibility, while the eSATA interface option offers the fastest transfer rates. ToughTech Duo also supports bus power with an included FireWire cable. Shipping with a multi-country compatible AC power supply makes international use very convenient. A standard Kensington security slot is integrated for a lock to prevent theft. Unique trays make swapping drives easy and safe without tools. This is beneficial when ejecting a drive to send to a colleague or when replacing both drives to access a 2nd RAID set. Alternatively, secure the drives with provided screws in extreme environments where additional stability is needed. ToughTech Duo was designed for easy access - swapping drives will not void the warranty.
ToughTech Duo is available through CRU resellers starting at $499.00 SRP.
- Our Favorite Reader Photos from "The Great Outdoors" Assignment
- Travel Photo Tips: It’s Not What You See, but What You Feel That Makes for Better Pictures
- These Gorgeous Images Show Why It’s Important to Pay Attention to Obscure Photo Contests
- Wildlife Photography with a Twist: The Unique Zoo Portraiture of Frenchman Eric Pillot
- Watch This Spectacular Video of the Northern Lights Shot from the Window of a Passenger Plane