The ToughTech Duo has front-accessibility with removable trays to swap drives and a smart LCD menu to monitor drive health and to configure RAID mode. ToughTech Duo boasts a passive thermal design using all-aluminum material for optimal heat dissipation, which requires no fans thus making the unit ultra quiet. Connecting to any host computer via FireWire 800/400, USB 2.0 and eSATA provides flexibility, while the eSATA interface option offers the fastest transfer rates. ToughTech Duo also supports bus power with an included FireWire cable. Shipping with a multi-country compatible AC power supply makes international use very convenient. A standard Kensington security slot is integrated for a lock to prevent theft. Unique trays make swapping drives easy and safe without tools. This is beneficial when ejecting a drive to send to a colleague or when replacing both drives to access a 2nd RAID set. Alternatively, secure the drives with provided screws in extreme environments where additional stability is needed. ToughTech Duo was designed for easy access - swapping drives will not void the warranty.
ToughTech Duo is available through CRU resellers starting at $499.00 SRP.
- Nikon Unveils AF-S Nikkor 105mm F/1.4E ED to Celebrate 100 Million Lens Milestone
- Long Glass: Our Favorite Telephoto and Zoom Lenses for Getting Close to the Action
- Why We Love Modern Retro-Style Cameras
- Does Microsoft’s "Intelligent" New Pix iPhone Photo App Beat Apple at Their Own Game?
- Check Out this Weird $1 Solution For Making Dramatic Long-Exposure Photographs (VIDEO)