TIPA Awards 2009 Page 3
Best Photo Monitor:
EIZO ColorEdge CG242W
The EIZO ColorEdge CG242W is a 24.1” widescreen monitor, which offers hardware calibration so the monitor itself is calibrated rather than the computer’s graphics board. This ensures no tones are lost in the calibration process and results in accurate on-screen color. To counteract the brightness and chroma uniformity errors characteristic of LCD panels, the ColorEdge CG242W comes with EIZO’s Digital Uniformity Equalizer (DUE) function, to ensure the entire screen will be practically uniform at each gray level.
Best Photo Display:
JVC’s LT-42WX70 is a whole new genre of TV, designed for users who wish to more fully enjoy viewing photographs taken on D-SLR cameras. In developing this unique TV with 96 percent Adobe RGB color gamut, JVC focused not only on ensuring the breathtaking quality of full HD video images on the screen, but also on the faithful reproduction of the colors, details, textures, nuances, and special ambience that only high-definition D-SLR photographs can offer.
- Medium Tools: Our Favorite Medium Format Cameras, Lenses & Accessories
- Apple May Disable Your iPhone Camera at Concerts and Venues Where Photography Is “Inappropriate”
- How I Opened My Own Photo Gallery (And Lived to Tell the Tale!)
- Nick Carver Shares His Secrets for Making and Framing Great Fine Art Prints (VIDEO)
- Photographer Uses GoPro to Demonstrate the Collodion Process Invented in 1851 (VIDEO)