TIPA Award for Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Lens
The 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM, extended range zoom lens, currently available for Nikon and Canon mounts, incorporates Sigma’s exclusive technology, the Hybrid Optical Stabilizer, an anti-shake system providing image stabilization in both the camera body and the viewfinder. In addition to the unique OS system, this DC lens is a dedicated digital SLR camera lens suited for APS-C format, and incorporates Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM) functionality to ensure quiet and high speed auto focus (AF).
The 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM was selected for the TIPA award by a panel of 25 editors of leading European photography publications. Judges cited the lens’ exclusive optical stabilization (OS) system, along with four Special Low Dispersion (SLD) glass elements and three aspheric elements as key factors in their decision process, all of which they said ensure “high quality” results.
Each year, TIPA editors vote for the best photo and imaging products introduced in Europe during the previous 12 months. The judges consider innovation, the use of leading-edge technology, design and ergonomics, ease-of-use, and the price/performance ratio while making their decisions.
The lens has 13.8 times zoom ratio capabilities, exclusive to digital SLR, making it ideal for close-up photography. In addition, an inner focusing system eliminates front lens rotation, making it suitable for use with circular polarizing filters and the supplied petal-type hood.
The 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM is currently available for Nikon and Canon mounts for $800 MSRP in a number of stores nationwide. Within the next few months, the lens will be also be available in Sigma, as well as Sony and Pentax mounts, the first-ever optically stabilized lens offered for those manufacturers’ digital cameras.
- This Landscape Tutorial Takes You to Death Valley with Nature Photographer Ben Horne (VIDEO)
- Nature Photographer Thomas Heaton Reveals His Secrets for Shooting Spectacular Seascapes (VIDEO)
- Have Fun Making Unique Portraits with These Creative Tips & Tricks (VIDEO)
- Spiff Up Your Photography Wardrobe with These Snazzy Clothes and Accessories from Canon
- Hear the Story of How These Amazing Aerial Images of Air Force Jets Were Shot “Blind” on Film (VIDEO)