Tamron Announces Winners Of 2007 Photo Contest
The 2007 Grand Prize Winner: Tracy Arcari of Wheatogue, Connecticut who took top honors for her breathtaking picture of The Mittens, a justly renowned rock formation in Monument Valley, Arizona.
Announcing Tamron's 2008 Photo Contest & the Debut of the People's Choice Award!
The theme for Tamron's big 2008 Photo Contest is "Wet & Wild," a very broad and exciting picture category that includes any images prominently including water--a lake, ocean, river, stream, pool, water slide, waterfall, even a sprinkler or bathtub! Pictures submitted must be original, the property of the photographer, and photographed using a Tamron lens. The contest is open to Tamron users residing in the United States and all entries must be received no later than October 31, 2008. Complete details and an entry form can be found at www.tamron.com. The Grand Prize Winner of the 2008 contest will receive a Tamron AF28-300mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di VC LD Aspherical IF Macro zoom lens featuring Tamron's new Vibration Compensation mechanism (a $599 value).
Tamron is also announcing an exciting new prize level: The People's Choice award. All contest entries for the 2008 contest should be uploaded to their photo sharing gallery on their website so that viewers can vote on them. Tamron will award a $100 Gift Card to the authorized Tamron dealer of choice to the photographer who submitted the image that gets the highest combination of top-rating and views. For details on dates, and how you can enter and judge images, please go to www.tamron.com.
- Photographer Solves Mystery After Developing Forgotten Film In Vintage Camera Bought on eBay
- Take a Video Tour of One of the World's Most Amazing Camera Shops: Grays of Westminster
- Try These Simple Tricks to Get High-End Creative Effects with a Cheap Kit Lens (VIDEO)
- Jordan Matter Captures Dancers Like You’ve Never Seen Them Before: Naked on the Street After Dark
- Australian Photographer Captures the Maelstrom of Gigantic Waves, and All You Can Say is WOW!