Tamron Announces Winners Of 2007 Photo Contest
The 2007 Grand Prize Winner: Tracy Arcari of Wheatogue, Connecticut who took top honors for her breathtaking picture of The Mittens, a justly renowned rock formation in Monument Valley, Arizona.
Announcing Tamron's 2008 Photo Contest & the Debut of the People's Choice Award!
The theme for Tamron's big 2008 Photo Contest is "Wet & Wild," a very broad and exciting picture category that includes any images prominently including water--a lake, ocean, river, stream, pool, water slide, waterfall, even a sprinkler or bathtub! Pictures submitted must be original, the property of the photographer, and photographed using a Tamron lens. The contest is open to Tamron users residing in the United States and all entries must be received no later than October 31, 2008. Complete details and an entry form can be found at www.tamron.com. The Grand Prize Winner of the 2008 contest will receive a Tamron AF28-300mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di VC LD Aspherical IF Macro zoom lens featuring Tamron's new Vibration Compensation mechanism (a $599 value).
Tamron is also announcing an exciting new prize level: The People's Choice award. All contest entries for the 2008 contest should be uploaded to their photo sharing gallery on their website so that viewers can vote on them. Tamron will award a $100 Gift Card to the authorized Tamron dealer of choice to the photographer who submitted the image that gets the highest combination of top-rating and views. For details on dates, and how you can enter and judge images, please go to www.tamron.com.
- Our 10 Favorite Film Cameras of All Time
- This Landscape Tutorial Takes You to Death Valley with Nature Photographer Ben Horne (VIDEO)
- Nature Photographer Thomas Heaton Reveals His Secrets for Shooting Spectacular Seascapes (VIDEO)
- Have Fun Making Unique Portraits with These Creative Tips & Tricks (VIDEO)
- Spiff Up Your Photography Wardrobe with These Snazzy Clothes and Accessories from Canon