Tamron’s AF18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di II Lens; Page 2
Tamron's AF18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 lens is a well-made zoom that delivers
tremendous versatility in its focal length range with optical and mechanical
performance in excess of its modest price.
The estimated street price of the AF18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 lens is $399.95. For more information, contact Tamron USA, Inc., 10 Austin Blvd., Commack, NY 11725; (800) 827-8880, (631) 858-8400; www.tamron.com.
The Tamron AF18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di II lens I tested was in Canon EOS mount but it was not an EF-S (Electro-Focus Short Back Focus) lens so it attaches to many different Canon SLRs. Canon's proprietary EF-S lenses have a rubber ring surrounding the rear element and only fit the EOS Rebel, Digital Rebel, Xt, and 20D. That ring slips deeper into the camera than an EF lens does and will hit the mirror if you attempt to mount an EF-S lens on non-compatible Canon digital or film SLRs. This means that Tamron's Di II lenses will fit a lot more Canon models, including the EOS D30, D60, 10D, 20D, Digital Rebel, and Rebel Xt.
Acknowledgements: Thanks to Greg Mathews of The Mathews Collection
for allowing me to photograph some of the vehicles that appear in this story.
Special thanks also to Jeff Sipes at Bandimere Speedway (www.bandimere.com) for his hospitality.
- Learn How to Make Great Portraits On the Cheap with Three Simple Setups from Nathan Elson (VIDEO)
- Freebie Alert: Get the “National Geographic Guide to Photography” with This Free PDF Download
- Bentley Is at It Again with This 57,700-Megapixel Interactive Image of Their Luxury Car in Dubai
- These Stunning Images Are the 10 Category Winners in the 2017 Sony World Photography Awards Competition
- Getting Started in Photoshop? Here’s How to Use Layer Masks to Edit Difficult Images (VIDEO)