Windows Of Ireland
I return to Ireland each year, since my parents were born there and most of my family reside there. I try to capture the essence of this beautiful island year after year, mostly through landscape photos of Ireland’s emerald green patchwork fields, majestic mountains, and glorious scenery. One day, this window caught my eye, and to me, captured everything that Ireland appears to be: a nation of friendly and proud people whose homes are their pride and joy—immaculately kept and welcoming. The windows of Ireland are as individual as their owners. “Come in, darlin’, and have a cup of tay, and welcome home!”
(The next day I came across the white house and fell in love with Ireland all over again.)
West Nyack, NY
Please Read This
The premise of “Talking Pictures” is that every picture has a story. We invite you to send quality prints (only) and a short narrative on why you took the picture or how, in retrospect, it brings up thoughts and feelings about the subject.
We do not return submissions. By sending us an image and text you grant us permission to publish it in this magazine and on our website. If you have any questions, please e-mail us at: email@example.com.
Send submissions to: Talking Pictures, Shutterbug, 1419 Chaffee Dr., Suite #1, Titusville, FL 32780.
- You Can Make Your Images Better by NOT Doing These 10 Things in Photoshop (VIDEO)
- Getting Started in Photoshop? Here’s How to Use Layer Masks to Edit Difficult Images (VIDEO)
- Take Better Portraits in Direct Sunlight with This Tutorial from Fashion Pro Lou Freeman (VIDEO)
- Freebie Alert: Get the “National Geographic Guide to Photography” with This Free PDF Download
- Add Some Pizzazz to Your Portraits with These Cheap and Creative DIY Tricks (VIDEO)