It was my third day in Paris...I
was exhausted from miles of walking, the temperatures had dropped to near
freezing, and all I wanted to do was get back to the hotel. I had seen
this advertisement numerous times around the city but, for some reason,
had not photographed it yet. However, when I saw it again with the Pompidou
Center in the background, I couldn't resist. McDonald's symbolizes
everything the food loving, fast food culture hating French find so "distasteful."
The Pompidou Center also represents, along with the Louvre Pyramid and
the Grande Arche de la Défense, a type of architecture that is
still controversial in Paris.
|Please Read This
The premise of Talking Pictures is that every picture has a story. We invite you to send quality prints (only) and a short narrative on why you took the picture or how, in retrospect, it brings up thoughts and feelings about the subject.
We do not return submissions. By sending us an image and text you grant us permission to publish it in this magazine and on our website.
Send submissions to: Talking Pictures, Shutterbug, 1419 Chaffee Dr., Suite #1, Titusville, FL 32780.
- Australian Photographer Captures the Maelstrom of Gigantic Waves, and All You Can Say is WOW!
- Jordan Matter Captures Dancers Like You’ve Never Seen Them Before: Naked on the Street After Dark
- These Are the First Known Photos of Snowflakes Ever Made: Shot by a Vermont Farmer in 1885
- Holiday Buyers: 7 Photo Gifts That Cost Less Than $100 And Are Guaranteed to Please
- Sony RX10 III Superzoom Camera Review