The End Shoot
Photo © 2004, Judi LaBelle All Rights Reserved
I promised myself while on this cruise
I would take more of the local color during stops at the ports. The photos I
wanted to take were going to tell a story, not about the scenery but about the
people. Trouble is, a week before leaving I developed a stress fracture in my
foot. We couldn't cancel so we decided to take a wheelchair along. It
was awkward to say the least but didn't deter us. This shot was taken
in front of a local bar in Mexico. This woman caught my attention for two reasons:
1) I knew there had to be a story behind the dirty behind and 2) somewhere deep
inside I think I must have been slightly envious. She ended up getting a tall
"cool one" for her parched throat and I ended up getting the "end
shot." Happiness for both!
Please Read This
The premise of Talking Pictures is that all of us have images that carry an internal narrative that we rarely get to share. This entails more than just camera, exposure, and film. It might include what provoked us to snap the shutter or how, in retrospect, the image makes us feel.
We invite you to submit images and words for this department. Please send only one image and brief text with each submission. Because we will print the pictures large please make sure that the image can take the blowup. For this department we will accept only high-quality prints (5x7 or 8x10) and slides--no digital files, please. We will not be able to return the images to you because of the volume we anticipate receiving. And by sending us the image you grant us permission to print it in the magazine and on our website. We also may hold publication for some time.
So come on, get published and share your ideas and inspiration. Send submissions to Talking Pictures, Shutterbug, 1419 Chaffee Dr., Suite #1, Titusville, FL 32780.
- 10 Tips to Tell Your Novice Photography Friends on How to Shoot Fireworks
- Grandpa’s Super Rare 1959 Nikon F with Cloth-Type Shutter Curtain for Sale on eBay
- Gearing Up: 10 Essential Photo Products to Bring on Your Next Location Shoot
- Apple May Disable Your iPhone Camera at Concerts and Venues Where Photography Is “Inappropriate”
- Nick Carver Shares His Secrets for Making and Framing Great Fine Art Prints (VIDEO)