We don’t know whose sunglasses these are, how they came to be here, or what will happen to them. We know only that they will soon be gone and that the light will never again fall exactly this way on this table, but that the sunglasses were once here, in this light, and that someone saw them. The sunglasses, the café, the photographer, the viewer…we are all transitory. A secret of photography—and perhaps life—is to know that but grab the moment anyway.
Please Read This
The premise of “Talking Pictures” is that every picture has a story. We invite you to send quality prints (only) and a short narrative on why you took the picture or how, in retrospect, it brings up thoughts and feelings about the subject.
We do not return submissions. By sending us an image and text you grant us permission to publish it in this magazine and on our website. If you have any questions, please e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send submissions to: Talking Pictures, Shutterbug, 1415 Chaffee Dr., Suite #10, Titusville, FL 32780.
- Holiday Buyers: 7 Photo Gifts That Cost Less Than $100 And Are Guaranteed to Please
- Tamron SP 150-600mm VC G2 f/5.6-6.3 Super Telephoto Zoom Lens Review
- Tirthankar Gupta is a Powerful Photographer When He’s Not Stuck Inside His Cubicle at Work
- Sony RX10 III Superzoom Camera Review
- Phase One Launches More Powerful Capture One Pro 10 Image Editing & Raw Conversion Software