This photo was taken one late afternoon in Port Ludlow, Washington, on the Olympic Peninsula. The day was overcast, gloomy, and colorless, until the sun finally peeked through leaden skies. The colors of the kayaks looked particularly bright, in contrast to the gray surroundings. It appeared as though the sun was focusing on the only color available on the landscape. It was an image worth remembering.
Lake Forest, CA
Please Read This
The premise of Talking Pictures is that every picture has a story. We invite you to send quality prints (only) and a short narrative on why you took the picture or how, in retrospect, it brings up thoughts and feelings about the subject.
We do not return submissions. By sending us an image and text you grant us permission to publish it in this magazine and on our website. If you have any questions, please e-mail us at: email@example.com. Send submissions to: Talking Pictures, Shutterbug, 1419 Chaffee Dr., Suite #1,Titusville, FL 32780.
- Jordan Matter Captures Dancers Like You’ve Never Seen Them Before: Naked on the Street After Dark
- Australian Photographer Captures the Maelstrom of Gigantic Waves, and All You Can Say is WOW!
- These Are the First Known Photos of Snowflakes Ever Made: Shot by a Vermont Farmer in 1885
- Sony RX10 III Superzoom Camera Review
- Holiday Buyers: 7 Photo Gifts That Cost Less Than $100 And Are Guaranteed to Please