This photo was taken one late afternoon in Port Ludlow, Washington, on the Olympic Peninsula. The day was overcast, gloomy, and colorless, until the sun finally peeked through leaden skies. The colors of the kayaks looked particularly bright, in contrast to the gray surroundings. It appeared as though the sun was focusing on the only color available on the landscape. It was an image worth remembering.
Lake Forest, CA
Please Read This
The premise of Talking Pictures is that every picture has a story. We invite you to send quality prints (only) and a short narrative on why you took the picture or how, in retrospect, it brings up thoughts and feelings about the subject.
We do not return submissions. By sending us an image and text you grant us permission to publish it in this magazine and on our website. If you have any questions, please e-mail us at: email@example.com. Send submissions to: Talking Pictures, Shutterbug, 1419 Chaffee Dr., Suite #1,Titusville, FL 32780.
- Watch This Video and You’ll Never Shoot Photos on Railroad Tracks Again
- Top Guns: 4 of the Most Popular Photographers on Social Media Share the Secrets to Their Success
- Does It Bug You that Nature Documentaries Are Kind of Fake? Watch This Video & Tell Us What You Think
- Summer Project: How to Put Classic Nikon Lenses Back to Work
- Capture the Beauty of Long Exposures with Your Camera’s Live View Mode and an ND Filter (VIDEO)