This photo was taken one late afternoon in Port Ludlow, Washington, on the Olympic Peninsula. The day was overcast, gloomy, and colorless, until the sun finally peeked through leaden skies. The colors of the kayaks looked particularly bright, in contrast to the gray surroundings. It appeared as though the sun was focusing on the only color available on the landscape. It was an image worth remembering.
Lake Forest, CA
Please Read This
The premise of Talking Pictures is that every picture has a story. We invite you to send quality prints (only) and a short narrative on why you took the picture or how, in retrospect, it brings up thoughts and feelings about the subject.
We do not return submissions. By sending us an image and text you grant us permission to publish it in this magazine and on our website. If you have any questions, please e-mail us at: email@example.com. Send submissions to: Talking Pictures, Shutterbug, 1419 Chaffee Dr., Suite #1,Titusville, FL 32780.
- Seagate Unveils the World’s Highest Capacity Hard Drive with Room for All Your Images, Videos & More
- Check Out This Simple, Pixel-Perfect Trick for Aligning Multiple Images in Photoshop (VIDEO)
- Bay Photo Lab’s Xpozer Photo Wall Display Review
- Is Olympus Planning a Whopping 300-500mm F/2.8-4 Lens for Micro Four Thirds Cameras?
- Ask A Pro: Scott Kelby Answers Your Photography Questions