This photo was taken one late afternoon in Port Ludlow, Washington, on the Olympic Peninsula. The day was overcast, gloomy, and colorless, until the sun finally peeked through leaden skies. The colors of the kayaks looked particularly bright, in contrast to the gray surroundings. It appeared as though the sun was focusing on the only color available on the landscape. It was an image worth remembering.
Lake Forest, CA
Please Read This
The premise of Talking Pictures is that every picture has a story. We invite you to send quality prints (only) and a short narrative on why you took the picture or how, in retrospect, it brings up thoughts and feelings about the subject.
We do not return submissions. By sending us an image and text you grant us permission to publish it in this magazine and on our website. If you have any questions, please e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Send submissions to: Talking Pictures, Shutterbug, 1419 Chaffee Dr., Suite #1,Titusville, FL 32780.
- This Landscape Tutorial Takes You to Death Valley with Nature Photographer Ben Horne (VIDEO)
- Nature Photographer Thomas Heaton Reveals His Secrets for Shooting Spectacular Seascapes (VIDEO)
- Spiff Up Your Photography Wardrobe with These Snazzy Clothes and Accessories from Canon
- Have Fun Making Unique Portraits with These Creative Tips & Tricks (VIDEO)
- Yay! 15 Fun Questions to Test Your Right to be Called a Photography Fanatic