Searching For Another White Peacock
I had passed several peacocks that day with tails fanned out, their deeply
colored feathers winking at me like brilliant feline eyes. Been there (many
times), photographed that, no longer interested. But here, 15 yards away, was
a peacock with no color. Normally one of the most colorful birds in the world,
every feather on this one was white! From a moving tram in a Kauai botanical
park I had time for two quick grab shots. The pure white feathers on an animal
normally covered by a riot of rich color were mesmerizing. It was like watching
an angel glide across the grass.
I'm now looking for white peacocks in other parts of my life. Haven't found any yet, but I'm sure they're around somewhere and I'm sure they'll be well worth the hunt.
Eden Prairie, MN
Please Read This
The premise of Talking Pictures is that every picture has a story. We invite you to send quality prints (only) and a short narrative on why you took the picture or how, in retrospect, it brings up thoughts and feelings about the subject.
We do not return submissions. By sending us an image and text you grant us permission to publish it in this magazine and on our website. If you have any questions, please e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send submissions to:
Talking Pictures, Shutterbug
1419 Chaffee Dr., Suite #1
Titusville, FL 32780
- Watch Photographer Ilko Allexandroff Get Beautiful Portraits of a Model During a Rain Storm (VIDEO)
- Instagram Photographer Hot.Kenobi Uses Action Figures to Create a Humorous, Surreal Universe
- Deep Cover: My 10 Favorite Stealth Photo Tools for Capturing "The Decisive Moment"
- 10 Simple Tips on How to Turn Amateur-Looking Photos Into Pro-Quality Images (VIDEOS)
- 10 Simple Tips on How to Turn Amateur-Looking Photos Into Pro-Quality Images (VIDEO)