Out Of Tune
When I’m in places like this, I try to create an image that evokes what it might have been like to be there when all was well and life was vibrant. In this scene in the old auditorium, a teacher or gifted student could have been accompanying a soloist or the choir while the front seats were filled with students displaying various levels of interest. After the bell rung, they would have moved on to their next class. So, when they shuttered the building, why did they leave the piano?
A humorous moment did occur the day I was there. As I was setting up my tripod for this shot, I heard this “whoosh, whoosh, whoosh,” and looked up just in time to duck as an owl flew right over my head and through a window on the opposite side. Apparently, I had disturbed his favorite spot through that door behind the piano. So, I guess the building is still being appreciated.
—Jerry P. Park
Please Read This
The premise of “Talking Pictures” is that every picture has a story. We invite you to send quality prints (only) and a short narrative on why you took the picture or how, in retrospect, it brings up thoughts and feelings about the subject.
We do not return submissions. By sending us an image and text you grant us permission to publish it in this magazine and on our website. If you have any questions, please e-mail us at: email@example.com.
Send submissions to: Talking Pictures, Shutterbug, 1419 Chaffee Dr., Suite #1, Titusville, FL 32780.
- Wild World: Charles Glatzer on How to Stay 10 Steps Ahead as a Wildlife Photographer
- ExploreCams Website Reveals the Most Popular Cameras & Settings Used by Photographers
- The Wolffepack Capture Is a Unique "Orbital" Photo Pack that Swings to the Front. Here's a Preview
- How About These Stunning Images Captured with the New High-Speed AF-S Nikkor F/1.4E ED Lens?
- How About These Stunning Images Captured with the New High-Speed AF-S Nikkor f/1.4E ED Lens?