One Final Thought; A Town With Heart
The small art community of Harmony, California, population 18, consists of painters, potters, glass blowers, and various other artists. The last time I visited there the place seemed to have fallen on hard times. Some studios were shuttered, shops padlocked, chairs and tables in the coffee shop stacked for storage. It hurt to see one of my favorite places in decline.
As I was going back to my car I heard the clatter of a small engine at a nearby
building. There I saw a grounds crew watering and trimming a topiary that I
had never seen in earlier visits. The design lifted my spirits and symbolically
said to me "Harmony still has heart."
Please Read This:
The premise of "One Final Thought" is that every picture has a story. We invite you to send quality prints (only) and a short narrative on why you took the picture or how, in retrospect, it brings up thoughts and feelings about the subject.
We do not return submissions. By sending us an image and text you grant us permission to publish it in this magazine and on our website. If you have any questions, please e-mail us at: email@example.com.
Send submissions to:
One Final Thought, Shutterbug
1419 Chaffee Dr., Suite #1
Titusville, FL 32780.
- Bay Photo Lab’s Xpozer Photo Wall Display Review
- Ask A Pro: Scott Kelby Answers Your Photography Questions
- Is Olympus Planning a Whopping 300-500mm F/2.8-4 Lens for Micro Four Thirds Cameras?
- Seagate Unveils the World’s Highest Capacity Hard Drive with Room for All Your Images, Videos & More
- Final Shot: Our Favorite Reader Photo of the Month