Two years ago, in an effort
to achieve a more intimate feel to my travel photography, I started taking
images of people having fun at state fairs. Although I found it difficult
at first to approach people and take their picture at such close range,
it is now one of my favorite forms of photography.
|The premise of Talking Pictures
is that all of us have images that carry an internal narrative that we rarely
get to share. This entails more than just camera, exposure, and film. It
might include what provoked us to snap the shutter or how, in retrospect,
the image makes us feel.
We invite you to submit images and words for this department. Please send only one image and brief text with each submission. Because we will print the pictures large please make sure that the image can take the blowup. For this department we will accept only high-quality prints (5x7 or 8x10) and slides--no digital files, please. We will not be able to return the images to you because of the volume we anticipate receiving. And by sending us the image you grant us permission to print it in the magazine and on our web site. We also may hold publication for some time.
So come on, get published and share your ideas and inspiration. Send submissions to:
5211 S. Washington Ave.,
Titusville, FL 32780.
- Bay Photo Lab’s Xpozer Photo Wall Display Review
- Ask A Pro: Scott Kelby Answers Your Photography Questions
- Is Olympus Planning a Whopping 300-500mm F/2.8-4 Lens for Micro Four Thirds Cameras?
- Seagate Unveils the World’s Highest Capacity Hard Drive with Room for All Your Images, Videos & More
- Final Shot: Our Favorite Reader Photo of the Month