While enjoying a road trip
that included 14 states and 6500 miles, I came upon this field of sunflowers
near Vivian, South Dakota. I focused on the one sunflower that hadn't
bloomed yet. I myself am a late bloomer in that at age 37 I have finally
found my calling: photography. A friend is currently building a website
for me (http://stevetodey.com)
and I'm hopeful that I will develop into a real photographer before
the last frame is shot. I'm sure a lot of people can relate to this
photo since their dreams aren't dead until they dry up and die.
The premise of Talking Pictures
is that all of us have images that carry an internal narrative that we
rarely get to share. This entails more than just camera, exposure, and
film. It might include what provoked us to snap the shutter or how, in
retrospect, the image makes us feel.
- ExploreCams Website Reveals the Most Popular Cameras & Settings Used by Photographers
- How About These Stunning Images Captured with the New High-Speed AF-S Nikkor f/1.4E ED Lens?
- Cancer Therapist Mimics Celebrity Pics to Raise Money for Patients with These Hilarious Photos
- Why We Love Modern Retro-Style Cameras
- Does Microsoft’s "Intelligent" New Pix iPhone Photo App Beat Apple at Their Own Game?