While enjoying a road trip
that included 14 states and 6500 miles, I came upon this field of sunflowers
near Vivian, South Dakota. I focused on the one sunflower that hadn't
bloomed yet. I myself am a late bloomer in that at age 37 I have finally
found my calling: photography. A friend is currently building a website
for me (http://stevetodey.com)
and I'm hopeful that I will develop into a real photographer before
the last frame is shot. I'm sure a lot of people can relate to this
photo since their dreams aren't dead until they dry up and die.
The premise of Talking Pictures
is that all of us have images that carry an internal narrative that we
rarely get to share. This entails more than just camera, exposure, and
film. It might include what provoked us to snap the shutter or how, in
retrospect, the image makes us feel.
- Jordan Matter Captures Dancers Like You’ve Never Seen Them Before: Naked on the Street After Dark
- These Are the First Known Photos of Snowflakes Ever Made: Shot by a Vermont Farmer in 1885
- Australian Photographer Captures the Maelstrom of Gigantic Waves, and All You Can Say is WOW!
- Sony RX10 III Superzoom Camera Review
- Holiday Buyers: 7 Photo Gifts That Cost Less Than $100 And Are Guaranteed to Please