From The End Comes Beauty
Walking along the shoreline I found an accumulation of feathers and a tragic
death of a beautiful creature. This left me to wonder, how and why. In the water
floats one feather that escaped this tragic ending. I took a picture of this
lone feather as it floated away. Every time I look at it, I wonder about its
ending and the sadness of it all. The demise of this creature lies in this one
beautiful feather floating away.
This one feather seems to bring back the life that was lost. It is amazing to me how a picture can capture the end, and turn it into a memorable image. To me this is what photography is all about. It's the beauty we can capture from the worst situations, or the single item that would go unnoticed. Our passion to capture what escapes us is what makes our images out of the ordinary and captivating.
Lehigh Acres, FL
Please Read This
The premise of Talking Pictures is that every picture has a story. We invite you to send quality prints (only) and a short narrative on why you took the picture or how, in retrospect, it brings up thoughts and feelings about the subject.
We do not return submissions. By sending us an image and text you grant us permission to publish it in this magazine and on our website. If you have any questions, please e-mail us at: email@example.com.
Send submissions to:
Talking Pictures, Shutterbug
1419 Chaffee Dr., Suite #1
Titusville, FL 32780
- Nikon Unveils AF-S Nikkor 105mm F/1.4E ED to Celebrate 100 Million Lens Milestone
- ExploreCams Website Reveals the Most Popular Cameras & Settings Used by Photographers
- Why We Love Modern Retro-Style Cameras
- Long Glass: Our Favorite Telephoto and Zoom Lenses for Getting Close to the Action
- Does Microsoft’s "Intelligent" New Pix iPhone Photo App Beat Apple at Their Own Game?