Enjoying the writing of poetry as well as the craft of photography, I wrote the following poem to accompany this picture of my son Shane, "Bubbles." This picture was taken during the party to celebrate his and his brother's second-year adoption anniversary.
Laughter floats in iridescent globes.
A Child's joy ascends to the sky
To join a choir of joy
Which echoes in the fields of Heaven.
The premise of Talking Pictures
is that all of us have images that carry an internal narrative that we
rarely get to share. This entails more than just camera, exposure, and
film. It might include what provoked us to snap the shutter or how, in
retrospect, the image makes us feel.
5211 S. Washington Ave.,
Titusville, FL 32780.
- These Are the Jaw-Dropping Winners of the 2016 Monochrome Awards Photography Contest
- Watch These Photographers Calmly Taking Pictures As the Biggest Alligator We’ve Ever Seen Walks By
- Don’t Screw Up: Here’s the Correct Way to Use a Reflector for Better Outdoor Portraits (VIDEO)
- Online Learning Center Alision Shares Harvard University’s Photography Course for Free
- Here’s the Backstory on Chris Burkard’s Once-in-a-Lifetime Shot of a Surfer in Iceland (VIDEO)