A Truly Canadian Game
This particular photograph was taken late in the day on Lake Newell in southern Alberta while we had a group out ice fishing. I intentionally shot toward the lowering sun in order to get the silhouette effect. Many shots were required before I found one with the lens flare that was just the way I wanted it.
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Please Read This
The premise of “Talking Pictures” is that every picture has a story. We invite you to send quality prints (only) and a short narrative on why you took the picture or how, in retrospect, it brings up thoughts and feelings about the subject.
We do not return submissions. By sending us an image and text you grant us permission to publish it in this magazine and on our website. If you have any questions, please e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send submissions to: Talking Pictures, Shutterbug, 1415 Chaffee Dr., Suite #10, Titusville, FL 32780.
- Travel Photo Tips: It’s Not What You See, but What You Feel That Makes for Better Pictures
- These Gorgeous Images Show Why It’s Important to Pay Attention to Obscure Photo Contests
- Here’s How to Separate Your Model from the Background for More Dynamic Portraits (VIDEO)
- Wildlife Photography with a Twist: The Unique Zoo Portraiture of Frenchman Eric Pillot
- Our Favorite Reader Photos from "The Great Outdoors" Assignment