A Truly Canadian Game
This particular photograph was taken late in the day on Lake Newell in southern Alberta while we had a group out ice fishing. I intentionally shot toward the lowering sun in order to get the silhouette effect. Many shots were required before I found one with the lens flare that was just the way I wanted it.
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Please Read This
The premise of “Talking Pictures” is that every picture has a story. We invite you to send quality prints (only) and a short narrative on why you took the picture or how, in retrospect, it brings up thoughts and feelings about the subject.
We do not return submissions. By sending us an image and text you grant us permission to publish it in this magazine and on our website. If you have any questions, please e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send submissions to: Talking Pictures, Shutterbug, 1415 Chaffee Dr., Suite #10, Titusville, FL 32780.
- Ryan Deboodt’s Giant Cave Photography is Absolutely Astonishing
- Paul Wilson’s Spectacular Starscapes Have to Be Seen to Be Believed
- Look at These Eye-Popping Macro Photographs of Damselflies and You Will Be Amazed
- Leica’s New Ultra-Compact Summaron-M 28mm f/5.6 Delivers Premium Optics in a Retro Design
- Case Air Wireless System Transfers Images from Your Camera to a Computer & Wireless Devices