While cleaning the yard last summer, I came across a baby praying mantis. Excited, I carefully picked him up and placed him in my wildflower area. I ran in the house to get my camera and tripod, then set up and fired off a couple of exposures.
Realizing that I wanted to get some fill light, I ran back into my house to get my strobe. And when I came back to him I was astonished to see he started taking his own pictures!
Please Read This
The premise of "Talking Pictures" is that every picture has a story. We invite you to send quality prints (only) and a short narrative on why you took the picture or how, in retrospect, it brings up thoughts and feelings about the subject.
We do not return submissions. By sending us an image and text you grant us permission to publish it in this magazine and on our website. If you have any questions, please e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send submissions to:
Talking Pictures, Shutterbug
1419 Chaffee Dr., Suite #1
Titusville, FL 32780
- Is Olympus Planning a Whopping 300-500mm F/2.8-4 Lens for Micro Four Thirds Cameras?
- Bay Photo Lab’s Xpozer Photo Wall Display Review
- Ask A Pro: Scott Kelby Answers Your Photography Questions
- Seagate Unveils the World’s Highest Capacity Hard Drive with Room for All Your Images, Videos & More
- Sony A6300 Mirrorless Camera Review