Summing It Up
is different. We look for what interests us; we discover different things
by accident; we see (to a considerable extent) what we want to see.
Admittedly, we are also helped or hindered by the manufacturers'
willingness to tell us what's new: there should not be any need
for investigative journalism when you are offering free publicity to
anyone with a new product worth writing about, but there are still a
few who, on being asked what's new, hand you (stone-faced) a CD-ROM
and say, "It's all on there." In that case, why are
they at photokina? And why do they think we're there? To pick
up CDs? Hardly! For instance, Linhof should be profoundly grateful to
Bob Solomon of HP Marketing, their US importers; without him, their
stand was about as welcoming as Alcatraz.
- Which Lens Is Best for Portraits: A Fast 85mm F/1.4 Prime or a Versatile 70-200mm F/2.8 Zoom? (VIDEO)
- Watch These Massive Siberian Tigers Feast on a Drone After Ripping It out of the Sky (VIDEO)
- Learn How to Win Photo Contests with These Helpful Tips from Successful Shooter Lorenz Holder (VIDEO)
- Nature Photographer Mandy Lea Travels in Style to Capture Gorgeous Images of the Great Outdoors
- Watch This Photoshop Tutorial and Learn How to Give Your Images Vibrant Natural Colors (VIDEO)