Summing It Up
is different. We look for what interests us; we discover different things
by accident; we see (to a considerable extent) what we want to see.
Admittedly, we are also helped or hindered by the manufacturers'
willingness to tell us what's new: there should not be any need
for investigative journalism when you are offering free publicity to
anyone with a new product worth writing about, but there are still a
few who, on being asked what's new, hand you (stone-faced) a CD-ROM
and say, "It's all on there." In that case, why are
they at photokina? And why do they think we're there? To pick
up CDs? Hardly! For instance, Linhof should be profoundly grateful to
Bob Solomon of HP Marketing, their US importers; without him, their
stand was about as welcoming as Alcatraz.
- Photographer Solves Mystery After Developing Forgotten Film In Vintage Camera Bought on eBay
- Take a Video Tour of One of the World's Most Amazing Camera Shops: Grays of Westminster
- Try These Simple Tricks to Get High-End Creative Effects with a Cheap Kit Lens (VIDEO)
- Jordan Matter Captures Dancers Like You’ve Never Seen Them Before: Naked on the Street After Dark
- How Do You Photograph Michael Phelps? Fire As Fast As You Can Every Time He Comes Up For Air