Summing It Up
is different. We look for what interests us; we discover different things
by accident; we see (to a considerable extent) what we want to see.
Admittedly, we are also helped or hindered by the manufacturers'
willingness to tell us what's new: there should not be any need
for investigative journalism when you are offering free publicity to
anyone with a new product worth writing about, but there are still a
few who, on being asked what's new, hand you (stone-faced) a CD-ROM
and say, "It's all on there." In that case, why are
they at photokina? And why do they think we're there? To pick
up CDs? Hardly! For instance, Linhof should be profoundly grateful to
Bob Solomon of HP Marketing, their US importers; without him, their
stand was about as welcoming as Alcatraz.
- Travel Photo Tips: It’s Not What You See, but What You Feel That Makes for Better Pictures
- Our Favorite Reader Photos from "The Great Outdoors" Assignment
- Don’t Screw Up: Here’s the Correct Way to Use a Reflector for Better Outdoor Portraits (VIDEO)
- Fujifilm Announces Pricing, Availability & Lenses for GFX 50S Medium Format Mirrorless Camera
- This Happened When Kristina Makeeva Took a Stroll on the Deepest, Cleanest Lake On Earth