Student Union - Sean Lamoureux
New Hampshire Institute of Art
Manchester, New Hampshire
Although Sean, a senior in the four-year BFA program, is well versed in digital photography--his work/study efforts call for him to photograph with a D-SLR--the images here were taken with a 4x5, a camera that's not only a part of his studies, but a preference as well. "I splurged and purchased a 4x5 during the first semester of my junior year," he says. "I was feeling a little detached from SLR photography. I like the idea of slowing down and paying more attention to my composition."
Sean's goals include exhibition of his work and attending graduate school to study fine art and photography. "No matter where I go from there," he says, "it'll have something to do with the arts. That's what my life revolves around."
If you know a student whose work deserves recognition, contact our editorial department by e-mail at: email@example.com or call (321) 225-3121.
- This Landscape Tutorial Takes You to Death Valley with Nature Photographer Ben Horne (VIDEO)
- Nature Photographer Thomas Heaton Reveals His Secrets for Shooting Spectacular Seascapes (VIDEO)
- Spiff Up Your Photography Wardrobe with These Snazzy Clothes and Accessories from Canon
- Have Fun Making Unique Portraits with These Creative Tips & Tricks (VIDEO)
- Hear the Story of How These Amazing Aerial Images of Air Force Jets Were Shot “Blind” on Film (VIDEO)