Student Union - Richard Meade
M ikael is a first-year photography student at the university, working toward
a Bachelor of Arts degree. His subjects are wide-ranging (you can see the variety
of his work at his website, www.mikaelwardhana.com),
but his main interest is fashion photography, and he has a distinctly career-minded
approach to it: "My images are elaborate and require a lot of time and
effort, so for me fashion work is 75 percent arranging and organizing the models,
stylists, props, and locations."
At first Mikael found his models at school, but once he got a portfolio together he approached modeling agencies and offered to exchange images for modeling services. He does the same with stylists and makeup artists. "Now I work exclusively with people who need images for their portfolios," he says.
Along with photography, he's also studying French. "After I graduate I'm planning to go to France to work and photograph. That's my dream, but who knows? I'm trying my best."
If you know a student whose work deserves recognition, contact our editorial department by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (321) 225-3121.
- Seagate Unveils the World’s Highest Capacity Hard Drive with Room for All Your Images, Videos & More
- Check Out This Simple, Pixel-Perfect Trick for Aligning Multiple Images in Photoshop (VIDEO)
- Bay Photo Lab’s Xpozer Photo Wall Display Review
- Is Olympus Planning a Whopping 300-500mm F/2.8-4 Lens for Micro Four Thirds Cameras?
- Ask A Pro: Scott Kelby Answers Your Photography Questions