Student Union - Richard Meade
M ikael is a first-year photography student at the university, working toward
a Bachelor of Arts degree. His subjects are wide-ranging (you can see the variety
of his work at his website, www.mikaelwardhana.com),
but his main interest is fashion photography, and he has a distinctly career-minded
approach to it: "My images are elaborate and require a lot of time and
effort, so for me fashion work is 75 percent arranging and organizing the models,
stylists, props, and locations."
At first Mikael found his models at school, but once he got a portfolio together he approached modeling agencies and offered to exchange images for modeling services. He does the same with stylists and makeup artists. "Now I work exclusively with people who need images for their portfolios," he says.
Along with photography, he's also studying French. "After I graduate I'm planning to go to France to work and photograph. That's my dream, but who knows? I'm trying my best."
If you know a student whose work deserves recognition, contact our editorial department by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (321) 225-3121.
- Brandon Stanton’s Humans of New York: The Power of Storytelling In Documentary Photography
- Make Your Landscape Photographs “Pop” with This Photoshop Tutorial from Jimmy McIntyre (VIDEO)
- Underwater Photographer Jean-Marie Ghislain Captures Diver Playing with Great White Sharks
- Nikon AF-S Nikkor 105mm f/1.4E ED Lens Review
- Check Out These Mind-Blowing Cityscapes of the Big Apple Like You’ve Never Seen it Before