Student Union - Richard Meade
M ikael is a first-year photography student at the university, working toward
a Bachelor of Arts degree. His subjects are wide-ranging (you can see the variety
of his work at his website, www.mikaelwardhana.com),
but his main interest is fashion photography, and he has a distinctly career-minded
approach to it: "My images are elaborate and require a lot of time and
effort, so for me fashion work is 75 percent arranging and organizing the models,
stylists, props, and locations."
At first Mikael found his models at school, but once he got a portfolio together he approached modeling agencies and offered to exchange images for modeling services. He does the same with stylists and makeup artists. "Now I work exclusively with people who need images for their portfolios," he says.
Along with photography, he's also studying French. "After I graduate I'm planning to go to France to work and photograph. That's my dream, but who knows? I'm trying my best."
If you know a student whose work deserves recognition, contact our editorial department by e-mail at: email@example.com or call (321) 225-3121.
- Learn How to Make Great Portraits On the Cheap with Three Simple Setups from Nathan Elson (VIDEO)
- Freebie Alert: Get the “National Geographic Guide to Photography” with This Free PDF Download
- Getting Started in Photoshop? Here’s How to Use Layer Masks to Edit Difficult Images (VIDEO)
- These Stunning Images Are the 10 Category Winners in the 2017 Sony World Photography Awards Competition
- Bentley Is at It Again with This 57,700-Megapixel Interactive Image of Their Luxury Car in Dubai