Student Union - Jonathan Shertok
Nicolet High School
Now in his senior year at Nicolet, Jonathan has taken all the photo courses the school offers and has added to his studies a photo class at Cardinal Stritch University in Milwaukee. Last year he took three independent study courses—“I was literally teaching myself,” he says. Obviously, he’s serious about photography, and he plans to make it a career.
While Jonathan says that “band photography is one of my passions,” his main emphasis and interest is portraiture. “I love the interaction,” he says, adding how “it kind of shows myself in every picture that I take.” He mentions Richard Avedon and Irving Penn as favorite photographers and says that although he could see himself owning a portrait studio someday, the ideal would be to follow Avedon’s In the American West model of travel and documentary portraiture.
If you know a student whose work deserves recognition, contact our editorial department by e-mail at: email@example.com or call (321) 225-3121.
- Brandon Stanton’s Humans of New York: The Power of Storytelling In Documentary Photography
- Nikon AF-S Nikkor 105mm f/1.4E ED Lens Review
- Underwater Photographer Jean-Marie Ghislain Captures Diver Playing with Great White Sharks
- Make Your Landscape Photographs “Pop” with This Photoshop Tutorial from Jimmy McIntyre (VIDEO)
- Check Out These Mind-Blowing Cityscapes of the Big Apple Like You’ve Never Seen it Before