Student Union - Jonathan Shertok
Nicolet High School
Now in his senior year at Nicolet, Jonathan has taken all the photo courses the school offers and has added to his studies a photo class at Cardinal Stritch University in Milwaukee. Last year he took three independent study courses—“I was literally teaching myself,” he says. Obviously, he’s serious about photography, and he plans to make it a career.
While Jonathan says that “band photography is one of my passions,” his main emphasis and interest is portraiture. “I love the interaction,” he says, adding how “it kind of shows myself in every picture that I take.” He mentions Richard Avedon and Irving Penn as favorite photographers and says that although he could see himself owning a portrait studio someday, the ideal would be to follow Avedon’s In the American West model of travel and documentary portraiture.
If you know a student whose work deserves recognition, contact our editorial department by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (321) 225-3121.
- Getty Photographers Covering the Upcoming Rio Olympics Won’t Be Hurting for High-End Gear
- Watch This Slow Mo Video Shot at 1000 Frames per Second and Try Not to Laugh: We Dare You!
- Need Help with Adobe Lightroom? This Helpful Six-Minute Video Tutorial Covers All the Basics
- Bay Photo Lab’s Xpozer Photo Wall Display Review
- Seagate Unveils the World’s Highest Capacity Hard Drive with Room for All Your Images, Videos & More