Student Union - Jonathan Shertok
Nicolet High School
Now in his senior year at Nicolet, Jonathan has taken all the photo courses the school offers and has added to his studies a photo class at Cardinal Stritch University in Milwaukee. Last year he took three independent study courses—“I was literally teaching myself,” he says. Obviously, he’s serious about photography, and he plans to make it a career.
While Jonathan says that “band photography is one of my passions,” his main emphasis and interest is portraiture. “I love the interaction,” he says, adding how “it kind of shows myself in every picture that I take.” He mentions Richard Avedon and Irving Penn as favorite photographers and says that although he could see himself owning a portrait studio someday, the ideal would be to follow Avedon’s In the American West model of travel and documentary portraiture.
If you know a student whose work deserves recognition, contact our editorial department by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (321) 225-3121.
- Nature Photographer Captures Stunning Images of African Wildlife at Night Under Moonlit Skies
- Photographer Solves Mystery After Developing Forgotten Film In Vintage Camera Bought on eBay
- Look at this Stunning 4K Video of Whales & the Northern Lights in Norway by Philip Bloom
- This Happens When You Cut a Working Canon SLR Camera in Half with a 60,000 PSI Waterjet (VIDEO)
- Try These Simple Tricks to Get High-End Creative Effects with a Cheap Kit Lens (VIDEO)