Student Union - Jonathan Gorr
Dillard Center for the Arts
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
It seems to be the discovery aspect of close-up photography that attracts Jonathan most at this point. He mentions the textures and contrasts that the world reveals "when you really look at it" through a macro lens. The drawback of capturing the images you see here: "It's
time-consuming...just the repetition of placing them in an area I want them to be."
At 14, Jonathan already has compiled an impressive list of accomplishments, including publication, stock and print sales, and gallery exhibits. Though it's a little early for him to be thinking definitively about a career--"I don't have a specific interest," he says of the art forms he's experiencing--he expects photography to play a primary role in whatever the future holds.
If you know a student whose work deserves recognition, contact our editorial department by e-mail at: email@example.com or call (321) 225-3121.
- Capture the Beauty of Long Exposures with Your Camera’s Live View Mode and an ND Filter (VIDEO)
- Nature Photographer Simon Baxter Says Composition, Patience & Perseverance Win the Day (VIDEO)
- How to Make Your Images Pop with Bokeh: Why Blurred Backgrounds Can Make or Break a Photo
- Sigma sd Quattro H Mirrorless Camera Review
- Take a Minute to Watch These 5 Fun Camera Hacks Using Stuff You Already Have at Home (VIDEO)