Student Union - Jonathan Gorr
Dillard Center for the Arts
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
It seems to be the discovery aspect of close-up photography that attracts Jonathan most at this point. He mentions the textures and contrasts that the world reveals "when you really look at it" through a macro lens. The drawback of capturing the images you see here: "It's
time-consuming...just the repetition of placing them in an area I want them to be."
At 14, Jonathan already has compiled an impressive list of accomplishments, including publication, stock and print sales, and gallery exhibits. Though it's a little early for him to be thinking definitively about a career--"I don't have a specific interest," he says of the art forms he's experiencing--he expects photography to play a primary role in whatever the future holds.
If you know a student whose work deserves recognition, contact our editorial department by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (321) 225-3121.
- Celebrity Shooter Matthew Jordan Smith Shows You How to Take Great Portraits of Women (VIDEO)
- Ask A Pro: Scott Kelby Answers Your Photography Questions
- 3 Legged Thing Corey Magnesium Alloy Travel Tripod with AirHed Neo Ball Head Review
- Here’s the Lowdown on Making Dramatic Photos by Shooting from a Low Camera Angle (VIDEO)
- Which Lens Is Best for Portraits: A Fast 85mm F/1.4 Prime or a Versatile 70-200mm F/2.8 Zoom? (VIDEO)