Student Union - Jonathan Gorr
Dillard Center for the Arts
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
It seems to be the discovery aspect of close-up photography that attracts Jonathan most at this point. He mentions the textures and contrasts that the world reveals "when you really look at it" through a macro lens. The drawback of capturing the images you see here: "It's
time-consuming...just the repetition of placing them in an area I want them to be."
At 14, Jonathan already has compiled an impressive list of accomplishments, including publication, stock and print sales, and gallery exhibits. Though it's a little early for him to be thinking definitively about a career--"I don't have a specific interest," he says of the art forms he's experiencing--he expects photography to play a primary role in whatever the future holds.
If you know a student whose work deserves recognition, contact our editorial department by e-mail at: email@example.com or call (321) 225-3121.
- Nikon Unveils AF-S Nikkor 105mm F/1.4E ED to Celebrate 100 Million Lens Milestone
- Long Glass: Our Favorite Telephoto and Zoom Lenses for Getting Close to the Action
- Getty Photographers Covering the Upcoming Rio Olympics Won’t Be Hurting for High-End Gear
- Need Help with Adobe Lightroom? This Helpful Six-Minute Video Tutorial Covers All the Basics
- Watch This Slow Mo Video Shot at 1000 Frames per Second and Try Not to Laugh: We Dare You!