Student Union - Jonathan Gorr
Dillard Center for the Arts
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
It seems to be the discovery aspect of close-up photography that attracts Jonathan most at this point. He mentions the textures and contrasts that the world reveals "when you really look at it" through a macro lens. The drawback of capturing the images you see here: "It's
time-consuming...just the repetition of placing them in an area I want them to be."
At 14, Jonathan already has compiled an impressive list of accomplishments, including publication, stock and print sales, and gallery exhibits. Though it's a little early for him to be thinking definitively about a career--"I don't have a specific interest," he says of the art forms he's experiencing--he expects photography to play a primary role in whatever the future holds.
If you know a student whose work deserves recognition, contact our editorial department by e-mail at: email@example.com or call (321) 225-3121.
- Instagram Photographer Hot.Kenobi Uses Action Figures to Create a Humorous, Surreal Universe
- Learn How to Win Photo Contests with These Helpful Tips from Successful Shooter Lorenz Holder (VIDEO)
- Nature Photographer Mandy Lea Travels in Style to Capture Gorgeous Images of the Great Outdoors
- Watch This Photoshop Tutorial and Learn How to Give Your Images Vibrant Natural Colors (VIDEO)
- How Far Has Photography Evolved Since 1960? Watch This Nostalgic Short Film and See for Yourself