Student Union - John Gallino
Mahwah, New Jersey
John's studies at Ramapo, where he is beginning his freshman year, are aimed at his goal of establishing his own photography business. He doesn't plan on waiting until he graduates to start that business, either. While in high school, where his photographs were prominently featured in the 2006 yearbook, he worked as an assistant to a wedding photographer, learning the imaging craft and enough of the business side to realize its importance. "I know that the `photography business' is 10 percent photography and 90 percent business," he says.
John's entry into the business right now is through his website, www.johngallino.com, where he offers his services as an event photographer and is beginning to promote his photography of local
The photos here are something different, though. They are the result of a trip last spring to Uruguay, where he visited family. "I made a little book of the photos and posted it to blurb.com...it's not a photo essay, but just a look at two towns, Montevideo and Colonia, and my family."
If you know a student whose work deserves recognition, contact our editorial department by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (321) 225-3121.
- Photographer Uses GoPro to Demonstrate the Collodion Process Invented in 1851 (VIDEO)
- Medium Tools: Our Favorite Medium Format Cameras, Lenses & Accessories
- How I Opened My Own Photo Gallery (And Lived to Tell the Tale!)
- Always Remember to Take a Good Look: How to See What’s Right in Front of You as a Photographer
- Help the Rescued Film Project Process & Restore a Treasure Trove of Film Shot in the 1950s (VIDEO)