Student Union - Hillary Berg
Photos © 2004, Hillary Berg, All Rights Reserved
Valley High School
West Des Moines, Iowa
is no doubt that photography will be the basis of my future career," Hillary
wrote to us. "Whatever job I pursue will be built around it."
A junior at Valley, she completed the school's two semesters of photo instruction, then took a commercial photography course at Central Academy, a program for gifted and talented students from Des Moines' middle and high schools. After graduation she's considering attending Rocky Mountain College in Montana. "I've never been to Montana before," she says, "but it seems like a good place to find inspiration for photography."
Hillary cites as influences Dorothea Lange, "for her raw depiction of the real world," and Ansel Adams "for his ability to take something that has been seen a thousand times, and capture it in a way that no one would have ever thought..."
Hillary Berg was recommended by Rick Baker, an imaging educator at Valley High School.
Please Read: Do you know a student whose work deserves recognition? If so, contact our editorial department by e-mail: email@example.com or call (321) 225-3121.
- Nikon Unveils AF-S Nikkor 105mm F/1.4E ED to Celebrate 100 Million Lens Milestone
- Long Glass: Our Favorite Telephoto and Zoom Lenses for Getting Close to the Action
- Getty Photographers Covering the Upcoming Rio Olympics Won’t Be Hurting for High-End Gear
- Need Help with Adobe Lightroom? This Helpful Six-Minute Video Tutorial Covers All the Basics
- Watch This Slow Mo Video Shot at 1000 Frames per Second and Try Not to Laugh: We Dare You!