Student Union - Grant Westhoff
Edwardsville High School
Let’s see…sports, politics, music, senior portraits. No surprise, as Grant Westhoff, a senior at Edwardsville High School, is on the staff of the school yearbook, freelances for a local newspaper, and photographs for the school district.
On his own, he shoots senior portraits for friends. Another day, another different assignment.
You can’t tell from our selection here, but what Grant likes best is nature photography—“it’s my real passion,” he says—though he knows it wouldn’t have given him the opportunity to photograph Barack Obama at a fall 2008 rally in Springfield, Illinois.
Grant has applied to Webster University in St. Louis. “It’s a small university with a very good art program,” he says. With an interest in several aspects of art, he says that he’s especially intrigued by the art that helps make movies—art direction, computer-generated special effects, and matte painting. “I’d like to learn about the art that goes into films.”
Grant Westhoff was recommended by Kim Niemietz, advisor to the yearbook at Edwardsville High School.
If you know a student whose work deserves recognition, contact our editorial department by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nature Photographer Captures Stunning Images of African Wildlife at Night Under Moonlit Skies
- Look at this Stunning 4K Video of Whales & the Northern Lights in Norway by Philip Bloom
- This 4-Minute Time-Lapse Video Reveals 4.5 Hours of Editing That Resulted in One Spectacular Image
- What Were the Most Popular Photo Products of 2016? LensRentals Reveals Its Hottest Gear List
- This Happens When You Cut a Working Canon SLR Camera in Half with a 60,000 PSI Waterjet (VIDEO)