Student Union - Grant Westhoff
Edwardsville High School
Let’s see…sports, politics, music, senior portraits. No surprise, as Grant Westhoff, a senior at Edwardsville High School, is on the staff of the school yearbook, freelances for a local newspaper, and photographs for the school district.
On his own, he shoots senior portraits for friends. Another day, another different assignment.
You can’t tell from our selection here, but what Grant likes best is nature photography—“it’s my real passion,” he says—though he knows it wouldn’t have given him the opportunity to photograph Barack Obama at a fall 2008 rally in Springfield, Illinois.
Grant has applied to Webster University in St. Louis. “It’s a small university with a very good art program,” he says. With an interest in several aspects of art, he says that he’s especially intrigued by the art that helps make movies—art direction, computer-generated special effects, and matte painting. “I’d like to learn about the art that goes into films.”
Grant Westhoff was recommended by Kim Niemietz, advisor to the yearbook at Edwardsville High School.
If you know a student whose work deserves recognition, contact our editorial department by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Check Out These Spectacular Images Captured by a Pilot From the Cockpit of a Boeing 747 Cargo Plane
- Is Instant Film Photography Making a Comeback? How Fujifilm Has Sparked an Instant Revival
- Take a Gander at the Massive Tamron 150-600mm Superzoom Lens that Debuted at Photokina
- Venus Optics Just Introduced the Weirdest Lens You’ve Ever Seen: The Laowa 24mm f/14 Macro
- Light Touch: Joe McNally On How to Use Multiple Speedlights to Capture Eye-Popping Portraits