Student Union - Erik Anderson
Rock Valley College
All Things Considered
What’s surprising is that formal photographic studies are still in Erik’s future. He began taking photographs less than a year ago. “My dad’s a stringer for the Post Journal in northern Illinois,” Erik says. “He shoots a lot of sports teams, and I was looking at his photographs and thinking, this is amazing, being able to capture the essence of a moment. I said, ‘Can I borrow one of your cameras? I want to try this.’”
He tried it, and now he’s on the staff of his school’s newspaper and is a contributing photographer to the Post Journal. Once he completes his Associate Arts degree at Rock Valley, he plans on attending Northern Illinois University to study photography in the school’s Bachelor of Fine Arts program.
While his goal is a career in sports photography—“I want to end up shooting for an NFL team or working for Sports Illustrated”—the photos here reflect his interest in nature and portraiture as well.
If you know a student whose work deserves recognition, contact our editorial department by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Venus Optics Just Introduced the Weirdest Lens You’ve Ever Seen: The Laowa 24mm f/14 Macro
- Take a Gander at the Massive Tamron 150-600mm Superzoom Lens that Debuted at Photokina
- Light Touch: Joe McNally On How to Use Multiple Speedlights to Capture Eye-Popping Portraits
- The Leica Lens Saga; An Interview With Peter Karbe
- GoPro Launches Their First Drone and Two New Hero5 Action Cameras with Raw Capture Mode