Student Union - Erik Anderson
Rock Valley College
All Things Considered
What’s surprising is that formal photographic studies are still in Erik’s future. He began taking photographs less than a year ago. “My dad’s a stringer for the Post Journal in northern Illinois,” Erik says. “He shoots a lot of sports teams, and I was looking at his photographs and thinking, this is amazing, being able to capture the essence of a moment. I said, ‘Can I borrow one of your cameras? I want to try this.’”
He tried it, and now he’s on the staff of his school’s newspaper and is a contributing photographer to the Post Journal. Once he completes his Associate Arts degree at Rock Valley, he plans on attending Northern Illinois University to study photography in the school’s Bachelor of Fine Arts program.
While his goal is a career in sports photography—“I want to end up shooting for an NFL team or working for Sports Illustrated”—the photos here reflect his interest in nature and portraiture as well.
If you know a student whose work deserves recognition, contact our editorial department by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nikon Unveils AF-S Nikkor 105mm F/1.4E ED to Celebrate 100 Million Lens Milestone
- Long Glass: Our Favorite Telephoto and Zoom Lenses for Getting Close to the Action
- Getty Photographers Covering the Upcoming Rio Olympics Won’t Be Hurting for High-End Gear
- Need Help with Adobe Lightroom? This Helpful Six-Minute Video Tutorial Covers All the Basics
- Watch This Slow Mo Video Shot at 1000 Frames per Second and Try Not to Laugh: We Dare You!