Student Union - Emily Schwartz
Lake Highland Preparatory School
Emily was a week away from graduating from Lake Highland when we spoke in mid-May. With an interest in both art and photography—she took a painting and drawing class at the Parsons School of Design in New York last year—she’ll be attending the University of Delaware this fall, concentrating on fashion design and photography. For a career, she says that “fashion photography would be the best.”
Color, design, and balance play important parts in her photography, as does observation: “I see things as art that most people don’t think could be pictures,” she says. “The first thing is seeing it, then realizing that it has the potential to make a picture.”
Emily Schwartz was recommended by Kathleen Forster, AP Studio Art teacher at Lake Highland Preparatory School.
If you know a student whose work deserves recognition, contact our editorial department by e-mail at: email@example.com.
- Look at These Eye-Popping Macro Photographs of Damselflies and You Will Be Amazed
- Ryan Deboodt’s Giant Cave Photography is Absolutely Astonishing
- Checking Out the New Canon EOS M5 Flagship Mirrorless Camera at PhotoPlus Expo (Video)
- B&W Fine Art: How David Fokos Uses the Passage of Time to Create Stunning, Emotional Images
- Paul Wilson’s Spectacular Starscapes Have to Be Seen to Be Believed