Student Union - Emily Schwartz
Lake Highland Preparatory School
Emily was a week away from graduating from Lake Highland when we spoke in mid-May. With an interest in both art and photography—she took a painting and drawing class at the Parsons School of Design in New York last year—she’ll be attending the University of Delaware this fall, concentrating on fashion design and photography. For a career, she says that “fashion photography would be the best.”
Color, design, and balance play important parts in her photography, as does observation: “I see things as art that most people don’t think could be pictures,” she says. “The first thing is seeing it, then realizing that it has the potential to make a picture.”
Emily Schwartz was recommended by Kathleen Forster, AP Studio Art teacher at Lake Highland Preparatory School.
If you know a student whose work deserves recognition, contact our editorial department by e-mail at: email@example.com.
- Brandon Stanton’s Humans of New York: The Power of Storytelling In Documentary Photography
- Make Your Landscape Photographs “Pop” with This Photoshop Tutorial from Jimmy McIntyre (VIDEO)
- Underwater Photographer Jean-Marie Ghislain Captures Diver Playing with Great White Sharks
- Nikon AF-S Nikkor 105mm f/1.4E ED Lens Review
- Check Out These Mind-Blowing Cityscapes of the Big Apple Like You’ve Never Seen it Before