Student Union - Emily Schwartz
Lake Highland Preparatory School
Emily was a week away from graduating from Lake Highland when we spoke in mid-May. With an interest in both art and photography—she took a painting and drawing class at the Parsons School of Design in New York last year—she’ll be attending the University of Delaware this fall, concentrating on fashion design and photography. For a career, she says that “fashion photography would be the best.”
Color, design, and balance play important parts in her photography, as does observation: “I see things as art that most people don’t think could be pictures,” she says. “The first thing is seeing it, then realizing that it has the potential to make a picture.”
Emily Schwartz was recommended by Kathleen Forster, AP Studio Art teacher at Lake Highland Preparatory School.
If you know a student whose work deserves recognition, contact our editorial department by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ExploreCams Website Reveals the Most Popular Cameras & Settings Used by Photographers
- How About These Stunning Images Captured with the New High-Speed AF-S Nikkor f/1.4E ED Lens?
- Cancer Therapist Mimics Celebrity Pics to Raise Money for Patients with These Hilarious Photos
- Why We Love Modern Retro-Style Cameras
- Does Microsoft’s "Intelligent" New Pix iPhone Photo App Beat Apple at Their Own Game?