Student Union - Elizabeth Moreno
Colorado Mountain College
Glenwood Springs, Colorado
Elizabeth graduated in December from the college with an associate degree in
applied science for her professional photography studies. A short-term goal
is an internship at a newspaper; long term, a career as a photojournalist or
The photographs here are among those she took last summer at a nursing home in La Paz, Mexico. "For over three months I talked with the people and photographed them," she says. She titled the resulting portfolio of images Ignored Voices. Of the project, Elizabeth writes, "Because of our fear of death [elderly people] are commonly tucked away out of sight, voices ignored." Her images are an attempt to "challenge the viewer to think about the finite nature of our physical existence."
You can see more of Elizabeth's work at her website, emorenophoto.com.
Elizabeth Moreno was recommended by Buck Mills, coordinator of the professional
photography program at Colorado Mountain College.
Do you know a student whose work deserves recognition? If so, contact our editorial department by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (321) 225-3121.
- Nature Photographer Captures Stunning Images of African Wildlife at Night Under Moonlit Skies
- Photographer Solves Mystery After Developing Forgotten Film In Vintage Camera Bought on eBay
- This Happens When You Cut a Working Canon SLR Camera in Half with a 60,000 PSI Waterjet (VIDEO)
- Try These Simple Tricks to Get High-End Creative Effects with a Cheap Kit Lens (VIDEO)
- Take a Video Tour of One of the World's Most Amazing Camera Shops: Grays of Westminster