Student Union - Elizabeth Moreno
Colorado Mountain College
Glenwood Springs, Colorado
Elizabeth graduated in December from the college with an associate degree in
applied science for her professional photography studies. A short-term goal
is an internship at a newspaper; long term, a career as a photojournalist or
The photographs here are among those she took last summer at a nursing home in La Paz, Mexico. "For over three months I talked with the people and photographed them," she says. She titled the resulting portfolio of images Ignored Voices. Of the project, Elizabeth writes, "Because of our fear of death [elderly people] are commonly tucked away out of sight, voices ignored." Her images are an attempt to "challenge the viewer to think about the finite nature of our physical existence."
You can see more of Elizabeth's work at her website, emorenophoto.com.
Elizabeth Moreno was recommended by Buck Mills, coordinator of the professional
photography program at Colorado Mountain College.
Do you know a student whose work deserves recognition? If so, contact our editorial department by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (321) 225-3121.
- Look at These Eye-Popping Macro Photographs of Damselflies and You Will Be Amazed
- Ryan Deboodt’s Giant Cave Photography is Absolutely Astonishing
- B&W Fine Art: How David Fokos Uses the Passage of Time to Create Stunning, Emotional Images
- Paul Wilson’s Spectacular Starscapes Have to Be Seen to Be Believed
- Learn How to Paint With Light & Create Dramatic “Light Drawings” with Your Camera (VIDEO)