Student Union - Elizabeth Moreno
Colorado Mountain College
Glenwood Springs, Colorado
Elizabeth graduated in December from the college with an associate degree in
applied science for her professional photography studies. A short-term goal
is an internship at a newspaper; long term, a career as a photojournalist or
The photographs here are among those she took last summer at a nursing home in La Paz, Mexico. "For over three months I talked with the people and photographed them," she says. She titled the resulting portfolio of images Ignored Voices. Of the project, Elizabeth writes, "Because of our fear of death [elderly people] are commonly tucked away out of sight, voices ignored." Her images are an attempt to "challenge the viewer to think about the finite nature of our physical existence."
You can see more of Elizabeth's work at her website, emorenophoto.com.
Elizabeth Moreno was recommended by Buck Mills, coordinator of the professional
photography program at Colorado Mountain College.
Do you know a student whose work deserves recognition? If so, contact our editorial department by e-mail: email@example.com or call (321) 225-3121.
- Our Favorite Reader Photos from "The Great Outdoors" Assignment
- These Gorgeous Images Show Why It’s Important to Pay Attention to Obscure Photo Contests
- Travel Photo Tips: It’s Not What You See, but What You Feel That Makes for Better Pictures
- Wildlife Photography with a Twist: The Unique Zoo Portraiture of Frenchman Eric Pillot
- Johnny Tang’s Eye-Catching Self-Portraits Are Definitely Not Your Typical “Selfies”