Student Union - Daniel Tckmantel
Daniel is a senior at the university, majoring in commercial photography. "I work mostly in the studio and love to involve complex postproduction in my images," he says. "I like preplanning the production, planning how the montage will work, then shooting the different elements and doing the Photoshop work to put them all together." The photographs here were made for various classes with a variety of equipment, including 4x5 and digital cameras.
Ultimately, Daniel would like to work in high-end advertising photography, preferably in Sydney. "But I'm not sure what will happen. I'm not Australian, I'm from Switzerland. I came to Australia five years ago as a backpacker, lived in Sydney for a few months and fell in love with the city. I needed a good reason to come back so I decided I'd study here. I did research and found where the good courses were in Australia, and it turned out to be in Melbourne. Right now I'm not sure I'll be able to stay after I graduate." If he can't, he has his eye on London as a likely place to begin his career.
If you know a student whose work deserves recognition, contact our editorial department by e-mail at: email@example.com or call (321) 225-3121.
- Check Out These Spectacular Images Captured by a Pilot From the Cockpit of a Boeing 747 Cargo Plane
- Is Instant Film Photography Making a Comeback? How Fujifilm Has Sparked an Instant Revival
- Take a Gander at the Massive Tamron 150-600mm Superzoom Lens that Debuted at Photokina
- Venus Optics Just Introduced the Weirdest Lens You’ve Ever Seen: The Laowa 24mm f/14 Macro
- Light Touch: Joe McNally On How to Use Multiple Speedlights to Capture Eye-Popping Portraits