Student Union - Carly Cassara
Souderton Area High School
Access is everything if you want to do the kind of performance photography Carly loves to do, and her approach to securing a position at the front of the stage is direct: “I usually e-mail the band’s publicist or manager, or one of the band members and see if they can get my name on the list.”
A sophomore at Souderton, Carly plans to study photography in college and pursue it as a career. While it’s still early for decisions, she mentions The University of the Arts in Philadelphia as a school she’s looking at.
Though we chose a selection of black-and-white photos, Carly’s rock shots also include color images. For her, black and white is often a practical as well as an esthetic choice. “Sometimes the red lights used at concerts don’t work out too well when I’m shooting in color,” she says, “but I think they make black-and-white pictures look a lot better.”
If you know a student whose work deserves recognition, contact our editorial department by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 10 Simple Tips on How to Turn Amateur-Looking Photos Into Pro-Quality Images (VIDEOS)
- Watch Photographer Ilko Allexandroff Get Beautiful Portraits of a Model During a Rain Storm (VIDEO)
- Brandon Stanton’s Humans of New York: The Power of Storytelling In Documentary Photography
- Underwater Photographer Jean-Marie Ghislain Captures Diver Playing with Great White Sharks
- Nikon AF-S Nikkor 105mm f/1.4E ED Lens Review