Student Union - Adrienne Lahr
Manatee Community College
A licensed practical nurse, Adrienne took courses at Manatee Community College toward her registered nurse accreditation. She also studied photography. "Whenever I traveled, I was the picture-taker in the group," she says. "My friends said, why don't you do something with your photography, so I decided the first thing to do was learn more about it."
Adrienne is a travel nurse. "I'm signed up with an agency that places nurses wherever they're needed, anywhere in the country. You tell them where you want to go and you get an assignment there."
She plans to continue studying photography and hopes to someday market her images for calendars and magazine illustrations. "Right now I'm using nursing to get to the places where the pictures are. One of the main reasons I stay in nursing is because it allows me to travel and do my photography."
Do you know a student whose work deserves recognition? If so, contact our editorial department by e-mail: email@example.com or call (321) 269-3212.
- How to Shoot Pretty Portraits with a Compact Camera; Manny Ortiz Strips It Down With the Sony RX100 V
- Here Are 10 Great Tips & Tricks for Making Precise Selections & Masks in Photoshop (VIDEO)
- Sony Cyber-shot RX100 V Compact Camera Review
- Sigma 85mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art Lens Review: Field Testing Sigma’s Fast “Gateway” Portrait Lens
- Watch This Amtrak Train Plow Through a Snow Covered Station in Slow Mo (VIDEO)