The Stealth Portrait
Blending In With Sven Martson
A portrait is "a pictorial
representation," according to our dictionary. Right, but a bit
limited for our purposes; a snapshot is a pictorial representation,
but we ask a portrait to carry a bit more freight. This, from the Encyclopedia
of Practical Photography, is better: "...the challenge is...to
make a portrait more than a record, to let it reveal some of those intangible
qualities that are recognized as being part of the uniqueness--the individuality--of
a human being."
- Check Out These Spectacular Images Captured by a Pilot From the Cockpit of a Boeing 747 Cargo Plane
- Get Ready for Fall, Photographers. Here Are 5 Photo Tips for Autumn.
- Watch Us Test the Canon EOS-1D X Mark II DSLR in Bali, Indonesia in This Video Review
- Our Top 7 Camera Straps and Photo Harnesses For Carrying Your Gear Safely in Style
- Watch This Stunning 4K Timelapse That Shows Off the Beautiful Snohetta Viewpoint in Norway