The Stealth Portrait
Blending In With Sven Martson
A portrait is "a pictorial
representation," according to our dictionary. Right, but a bit
limited for our purposes; a snapshot is a pictorial representation,
but we ask a portrait to carry a bit more freight. This, from the Encyclopedia
of Practical Photography, is better: "...the challenge is...to
make a portrait more than a record, to let it reveal some of those intangible
qualities that are recognized as being part of the uniqueness--the individuality--of
a human being."
- Jordan Matter Captures Dancers Like You’ve Never Seen Them Before: Naked on the Street After Dark
- These Are the First Known Photos of Snowflakes Ever Made: Shot by a Vermont Farmer in 1885
- Australian Photographer Captures the Maelstrom of Gigantic Waves, and All You Can Say is WOW!
- Sony RX10 III Superzoom Camera Review
- Holiday Buyers: 7 Photo Gifts That Cost Less Than $100 And Are Guaranteed to Please