The Stealth Portrait
Blending In With Sven Martson
A portrait is "a pictorial
representation," according to our dictionary. Right, but a bit
limited for our purposes; a snapshot is a pictorial representation,
but we ask a portrait to carry a bit more freight. This, from the Encyclopedia
of Practical Photography, is better: "...the challenge is...to
make a portrait more than a record, to let it reveal some of those intangible
qualities that are recognized as being part of the uniqueness--the individuality--of
a human being."
- Nikon Unveils AF-S Nikkor 105mm F/1.4E ED to Celebrate 100 Million Lens Milestone
- ExploreCams Website Reveals the Most Popular Cameras & Settings Used by Photographers
- Why We Love Modern Retro-Style Cameras
- Long Glass: Our Favorite Telephoto and Zoom Lenses for Getting Close to the Action
- Does Microsoft’s "Intelligent" New Pix iPhone Photo App Beat Apple at Their Own Game?