SpyderCheckr and SpyderCheckr Pro Color
Datacolor SpyderCheckr captures accurate color when shooting and delivers results effortlessly into a photographer’s digital workflow with RAW import software. With high-consistency standardized color patches and easy-to-use calibration software that allows photographers to create custom camera profiles, SpyderCheckr decreases post production time by eliminating trial and error color adjustment. By correcting color automatically as part of the image import workflow, the SpyderCheckr takes the guesswork out of precision color balancing.
“Every camera make and model records color in a different way, so an easy-to-use color reference tool is vital to account for these variations,” said Christoph Gamper, Vice President, Consumer Business Unit. “By adding color management with SpyderCheckr into the capture state of a digital workflow, photographers can guarantee consistency and accuracy from day-to-day as well as from camera to camera.”
Features of the Datacolor SpyderCheckr include:
* Consistent color control for RAW workflow, giving a color standard for any camera and decreasing post production time
* Neutral gray target and gray ramp for in-camera white balance and visual neutrality
* Extensive skin tone samples for portrait and fashion photography
* Durable, eco-friendly self-casing construction for easy transport and field use, with replaceable targets, first-in-class tripod mount and an innovative built-in fade strip indicator that issues a warning when target inserts need replacing
* Easy-to-use software that interacts with Adobe Lightroom, Photoshop, Elements and Camera RAW to produce calibration presets that fit directly into a digital workflow
“Using SpyderCheckr I am now able to create accurate calibrations for each of my camera bodies, assuring that my RAW import software will interpret the color data with the truest color rendition,” said professional photographer John Blaustein. “With its intuitive user interface, calibrations can be generated in less than five minutes, allowing me to easily modify the camera calibration to suit my particular needs”
Also introduced today is the Datacolor SpyderCheckrPro, a bundle package that includes the SpyderCheckr along with the Datacolor SpyderCube for capturing custom white balance, neutrality data from multiple light sources and correcting highlight and shadow details. This pocket size RAW calibration tool eliminates the need for traditional 18% gray cards and includes a Black Trap for shadow detail control for absolute black and white. Together, SpyderCheckr and SpyderCube offer a comprehensive solution for camera and scene color control.
Availability and Pricing
Datacolor SpyderCheckr and SpyderCheckr Pro are available at a suggested list price of $129.00 and $169.00 respectively from www.datacolor.com/spyder or at participating resellers. An introduction video to SpyderCheckr is available at www.youtube.com/watch?v=KV7k5_f3eM8w.