Speier Show at Calumet
A native New Yorker, Len Speier has been photographing in the Big Apple and around the world since the Sixties. Although concentrating on street photography, his wandering eye encompasses many venues and subjects. He describes his work as a search for compassion and truth. His work is collected in the Bibliotheque Nationale, Paris; International Center of Photography; Museum of the City of New York and the Photo Archive of the NYPublic Library. Speier taught photography and photographers' legal rights (he also is an attorney of long standing), is retired Assoc. Professor at the Fashion Institute of Technology, and lectures on legal rights and street photography, many of which are available on YouTube. He is most proud of his ten year association as a Photo Mentor in the ACT-SO program of the NAACP for gifted high school children of color. The show at Calumet Gallery demonstrates the breadth and scope of his work over the years, both in color and black and white.
- Look at this Stunning 4K Video of Whales & the Northern Lights in Norway by Philip Bloom
- This 4-Minute Time-Lapse Video Reveals 4.5 Hours of Editing That Resulted in One Spectacular Image
- What Were the Most Popular Photo Products of 2016? LensRentals Reveals Its Hottest Gear List
- Technically Speaking: Understanding Depth of Field
- Freebie Alert: Download Auto FX Free and Get 10 Photoshop Plug-Ins and a Standalone App