Speier Show at Calumet
A native New Yorker, Len Speier has been photographing in the Big Apple and around the world since the Sixties. Although concentrating on street photography, his wandering eye encompasses many venues and subjects. He describes his work as a search for compassion and truth. His work is collected in the Bibliotheque Nationale, Paris; International Center of Photography; Museum of the City of New York and the Photo Archive of the NYPublic Library. Speier taught photography and photographers' legal rights (he also is an attorney of long standing), is retired Assoc. Professor at the Fashion Institute of Technology, and lectures on legal rights and street photography, many of which are available on YouTube. He is most proud of his ten year association as a Photo Mentor in the ACT-SO program of the NAACP for gifted high school children of color. The show at Calumet Gallery demonstrates the breadth and scope of his work over the years, both in color and black and white.
- Celebrity Shooter Matthew Jordan Smith Shows You How to Take Great Portraits of Women (VIDEO)
- Ask A Pro: Scott Kelby Answers Your Photography Questions
- 3 Legged Thing Corey Magnesium Alloy Travel Tripod with AirHed Neo Ball Head Review
- Fujifilm X-A3 Mirrorless Camera Review
- Our 10 Favorite Film Cameras of All Time