Silver Or Ink Jet, It's Still A Print
If you wander into a photographic
gallery these days chances are that you'll be seeing more and more
ink jet prints. I'm not talking about the collector galleries, where
quite expensive vintage silver prints by the likes of Weston, Adams, and
Strand might cost you the equivalent of a tricked-out SUV. The galleries
I refer to are those showing the work of up-and-coming photographers (read
live) who do not command the big ticket prices but whose work is viable,
challenging, and expressive nonetheless. And they may not even be "formal"
galleries. Venues include libraries, bank offices, and even snazzy restaurants.
- Create Dynamic “Rain” Portraits on the Cheap with a Manual-Focus Lens and a Garden Hose (VIDEO)
- Canon Unveils 30.4MP 5D Mark IV DSLR & Two Lenses; We Take It For a Test Drive (VIDEO)
- Top Products of the Year: We Team Up with TIPA to Pick the Best Photo Gear of 2016
- 5 Quick Tips for Great Mobile Travel Photography
- 7 Photographic Mistakes I Still Make