Sigma Corporation 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Lens
Sigma has announced a large aperture, standard prime lens with claimed superior peripheral brightness and corrected sagittal coma flare, ideal for all digital SLR cameras. The lens is perfectly suited for a wide range of subjects enabling outstanding, sharply defined images against a nicely blurred background. The fast, F1.4 aperture makes this lens desirable for use with Digital SLR cameras; it effectively becomes an 80mm medium telephoto lens on digital cameras with APS-C size image sensors. The optimum optical design and molded glass aspherical lens elements provide excellent correction for all types of aberrations. The super multi-layer lens coating reduces flare and ghosting. Superior optical performance is also ensured throughout the focusing range. This lens has a minimum focusing distance of 45cm (17.7") and has maximum magnification of 1:7.4. It creates a very attractive blur, even when a small aperture is used. It incorporates HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor), which ensures a quiet and high-speed AF as well as full-time manual focus override.
- Nikon Unveils AF-S Nikkor 105mm F/1.4E ED to Celebrate 100 Million Lens Milestone
- Why We Love Modern Retro-Style Cameras
- Long Glass: Our Favorite Telephoto and Zoom Lenses for Getting Close to the Action
- Does Microsoft’s "Intelligent" New Pix iPhone Photo App Beat Apple at Their Own Game?
- Check Out this Weird $1 Solution For Making Dramatic Long-Exposure Photographs (VIDEO)