Shutterbugs Exclusive Report
In the pages that follow we
are proud to share our thoughts and reactions to events at this year's
photokina. If you've never heard of photokina it's held every
two years in Germany and has established a tradition as the gathering
point of the world's photo industry. Over 160,000 people attend
and crowd massive halls filled with exhibitors from over 65 countries.
Although the show has gotten somewhat of a Euro-centric flavor it's
still the best place to be to discover the state of the art in the photo
and imaging marketplace and to see what's coming in the years ahead.
The show this year did not disappoint in its international flavor or its
revelation of prototypes, new technology, and great photo exhibits throughout
the halls and the town of Cologne itself. Photokina does not forget that
it's really all about the power of the image, and although new products
dominate our point of view you can rest assured that there were more exhibits
of great images than in any other show we've ever attended. American
industry events could certainly draw a lesson from the appreciation and,
yes, gratitude exhibited toward photographers and their work at this show.
- Venus Optics Just Introduced the Weirdest Lens You’ve Ever Seen: The Laowa 24mm f/14 Macro
- Take a Gander at the Massive Tamron 150-600mm Superzoom Lens that Debuted at Photokina
- Light Touch: Joe McNally On How to Use Multiple Speedlights to Capture Eye-Popping Portraits
- GoPro Launches Their First Drone and Two New Hero5 Action Cameras with Raw Capture Mode
- Hands-On Impressions of the New Fujifilm GFX Medium Format Mirrorless Camera