SanDisk Ultra II in 8GB Size
The 8GB SanDisk Ultra II CompactFlash card satisfies the need of those using high-megapixel digital SLRs, those producing large files with every shot. Ultra II cards offer a minimum sustained write speed of 9MB/sec and a read speed of 10MB/sec. SanDisk also produces their Extreme III CompactFlash lineup, which has about double the read/write speed, but because the Extreme III uses a different type of NAND flash memory the maximum capacity of that lineup is 4GB. In tests with a variety of digital SLRs the Ultra II performed flawlessly, and it sure was handy having that amount of memory on trips where lots of images were made during the day's shoot. For Raw images with an 8MP camera we could get almost 600 images on a card. Retail price for the 8GB card is $999.99, about what a 1GB CompactFlash card cost three years ago.
Fort more information visit www.sandisk.com.
- Travel Photo Tips: It’s Not What You See, but What You Feel That Makes for Better Pictures
- These Gorgeous Images Show Why It’s Important to Pay Attention to Obscure Photo Contests
- Our Favorite Reader Photos from "The Great Outdoors" Assignment
- Wildlife Photography with a Twist: The Unique Zoo Portraiture of Frenchman Eric Pillot
- Which Lens Should I Buy (Part 2): More Lens Advice for Beginners Moving up from a Point-&-Shoot